Munster SHC 2021

Didnā€™t Cadogan play wing back and keep Tom Morrisey quiet and scoreless for 60 minutes, thought he did absolutely fine

The ball wonā€™t be moving far in the GG today. Itā€™s going to be a war of attrition. Weā€™ll see if Tipp have fight left in them

Perhaps but needless frees conceded and his distribution isnā€™t good enough imo

Tom is a form player and he is not firing at the minute. He nearly keeps himself out of games when heā€™s playing like this. Thought Cadogan did fine though. Corks backs were decent. Forwards let them down really. Same as limerick

Wouldnt disagree on the distribution but if he kept the likes of Morrissey at bay every day we would be happy out with him

Youā€™d pity those over in the open stand and it pissing rain when thereā€™s plenty space for them in the Mackey stand.

In attack they did. But worked harder than they have in a long time

Ya but the Mackey stand will be miserable as well.

One of my favourite ever games of hurling was the 2009 minor final. Glennon was exceptional.

Oh please God no.
Itā€™ll crash. Repeatedly.

1 Like

I totally mistimed my trip to Croker that day. Bumped into a few Tipp lads I knew and a few pints down Camden st.

Only got the very end of that game but couldnā€™t begrudge it given the day light robbery we had inflicted on ye the year before.

Would his criminal record be an issue with getting a post as a primary school teacher?

Cadogan and Cahalane are lightning rods for criticism within the county as much as outside. EC gave away 2 sloppy frees at the start but was v solid otherwise for a lad with zero hurling done this year.

KK/Wx would have eaten both sides without salt based on yesterdays games. Hoggy total no show really hurt Cork. Limerick have much more room for improvement. Prennenial lack of physique around midfiled/half forward haunts Cork every time. Cork have a number of big units coming through at half forward from underage but you cant trust those selectors to pick them ahead of nippy light lads.

Conor Cahalane wouldnā€™t be what Iā€™d describe as a nippy light lad. O Flynn def worth his place. If be surprised if Barrett doesnt start ahead of Cahalane next time out

They donā€™t seem to have much faith in Alan Connolly. He has a good hand and an eye for goal thought he should have been in for a horgan with 20 mins to go at least when it was clearly not going to be horgan day

1 Like

Is ā€˜bound to the peaceā€™ technically a conviction or not? Cc @artfoley

By all accounts, heā€™s a reformed character. Iā€™d say the drink did him no favours, and I think he hit it hard after the father passed away. Not excusing anything he did, by the way.

1 Like

Today wonā€™t be my first time getting soaked in the open stand Iā€™m not bothered though itā€™s a way better view from it than the Mackey and thatā€™s all that matters to me.

2 Likes

Cathal is a sound young man & was easily led as a young lad.

He took his Dads death very badly, his father had a serious tow on him and people will tell you when you lose that it can be a very negative factor.

I was surprised he started his business in Cashel, location of premises is very poor & the town is littered with coffee outlets as it is.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even know he was a qualified teacher.

I remember after the 2019 all Ireland final he was the fella on Morning Ireland the next morning, and he was very coherent. I said to myself that fella has sorted himself out.

As the fella says, not too many lads arenā€™t fools with too much drink onboard.

Itā€™s a lazy generalisation thrown about with Cathal.

1 Like

Iā€™d suspect you well know he was not working as a teacher