My Trip

quick ratings of places ive been so far.

new york - 6/10 just too big and impersonal. loads of stuff to do though. watched some softball which was alright and a gay sport that was like kick rounders that rivalled tag rugby for girlishness.

managua 7/10 real shite city but cracking hotel and a brilliant fight at the bus stop over who would get the gringos’ fare

granada 9/10 smashing city with loads of volcanoes and shite around. deadly hotel too.

[quote=“therock67”]quick ratings of places ive been so far.

new york - 6/10 just too big and impersonal. loads of stuff to do though. watched some softball which was alright and a gay sport that was like kick rounders that rivalled tag rugby for girlishness.

managua 7/10 real shite city but cracking hotel and a brilliant fight at the bus stop over who would get the gringos’ fare

granada 9/10 smashing city with loads of volcanoes and shite around. deadly hotel too.[/quote]

I assume you mean GrEnada? I was scatching my head for a few mins to know WTF you were up to N america/Nicaragua (had to google managua admittedly)/Spain

Grenanda looks a class spot alright…where too next, hows the computer programming going

nope dan. grAnada alright. nicaragua’s second city.

Just a few safety tips for the trip Rocko:

Never go anywhere as a couple in case you’re both kidapped like that Ingrid Betancourt wan. Best just risking one of you getting randomly attacked rather than both of you having to suffer.

Women are easier to mug so don’t let Mrs Rock carry any cash. Though I presume you would be in charge of cash anyway no matter where you were because you are a man. She should ask you for cash as and when she needs it and you should give her no more than a fiver in any one exchange to limit any potential losses.

Keep your cash stuffed down in your socks or shoes so you can’t be pickpocketed.

[/quote]

New York is a fantastic city - Manhattan in particular. 39 x 3km in area with a whole world packed into it. Tremendous buzz around the place. My favourite place on earth after Leitrim of course!

its shite farmer. same old shops block after block with no pedestrianised streets so its a bitch to walk around. full of pretensions and its own self importance but all it has over dublin is tall buildings and hot dogs.

New York is clearly the greatest city on earth. Only place that beats it is Las Vegas but thats not a place you would want to actually live in if you had to work.
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
“That thing right out there through the door
Hell, I still love you, New York”[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

New York is the greatest city in the world
I’m even planning to retire there.

The smells the streets the subways the heat the cold; from Harlem to the bowery from the Kitchen to the Brooklyn Bridge. The smells the streets … every hour of every day

Hey more to come

Mmm… Interesting

Nah - don’t agree with that at all. In fact it’s so far wrong I don’t know where to start…

I do
Lets just start with Herald Square : A park the size of your average bookies; around Feb or early March; grab a seat, grab a 99c coffee from the street; see hear feel it all. Before you know it 4 hours and a million different worlds has passed you by; around you, over you even under you. If it rains, cross the road (all 10 yrds if that) into Macy’s; spend another hour travelling on the wooden motorised staircase. up up up down down down; your feet will be singing in the same click clack click click a lullaby.

Next day; go downtown; after the C & D; grab another coffee and if you’re lucky there might still be some crumb cake around. Step towards City Hall; turn around; Slowly.

And there she is. Opening up and waiting for you to cross it.

The most extraordinary and beautiful thing about New York is the cold. Its crisp, honest, clear and it makes you see something beautiful in every thing and everyone. Even yourself.

i hate fucking coffee

Ffs

I think New York is pretty good but I wouldn’t have the same hard on for it others on here do. I was sent there to work for 2 weeks with the forum’s very own ClarkeyCat back in 2004 - they needed their best people for a job over there but they sent us across instead. Anyway, we didn’t know each other all that well at the time and we were down by Ground Zero one day and I asked him where the two big towers had gone. Cue silence for a little while before some nervous laughing from the scruffy Galwegian. Ever since we’ve happily made fun of things and people that you’re not really supposed to, mostly Farmerinthecity.

Winner Post!

I’d call New York a pretty impressive city but don’t think I’d have any desire to live there. The sights are great, the buzz is great and I love the Irish pubs. I probably prefer London and Tokyo though.

Really wanna do the west coast though. San Diego sounds class.

Said job entailed you sitting on your fat hole all week and mise photocopying like a divil all week. You fat prick.

Me too, it burns my cock.

granada 9/10 smashing city with loads of volcanoes and shite around. deadly hotel too.[/quote]

It seems to me that you’d be content with a queen sized saggy bed in a damp miserable guesthouse in Ballybunion for your honeymoon Rocker. As long as it had loads of tay of course.

This grand excusion must have been herself’s idea.

Pussy boy.

I was in San Diego for 3 or 4 days a couple of years back and found it pretty boring to be honest. My favourite part was me, Jugs and cesc4 abusing Kev Noodles in a karaoke bar. We went in there randomly and Kev Noodles was hogging the karaoke all night. You know they type of fook who was loving the attention of all the locals and had been up to sing about 6 or 7 separate times. Then at the end of the night the host lad said that Kev was moving to Seattle for good the next day and it was apt to get him up to do one last song at a venue he’d graced every week without fail for years. Everyone started clapping and cheering and Kev was waving down to the crowd from the stage as if he was the President or something so cue us three with ‘Fook off to Seattle Noodles ya wanker’ and a load of filthy stares from the locals. The beach was boring. There was no baseball on when we were there and we should have gone down to Mexico.