National Gaelic Football League 2018

If the standard is much of a muchness then why have Leinster sides fared so badly, outside of Dublin?

Laois and Carlow on the opposite side of the draw to Dublin in Leinster. Both will fancy their chances of getting to the Leinster Final. Make a Leinster Final and they’re just one game away from Super 8.

You think Laois and Carlow are better teams than Kildare, Meath, Longford and Westmeath?

Who is the halfwit Laois captain @myboyblue?

“I suppose, thanks to Carlow for the match”

He’d give Cluxton a run for his money in the charisma stakes.

I’d give Carlow or Laois every chance of beating any of those four on a given day. They’d have to wait until a Leinster Final though in 2018 to beat Meath or Longford (assuming either of those two get over Dublin).

It doesn’t say much for Leinster football when you’d give Div 4 sides every chance of beating the 2nd best side in Leinster.

League football in the muck of January and February no relevance to championship football on the hard ground of high summer.

You’re right.

How are the recent Championship records of either of those sides?

I just posted up Carlow’s showing from 2017 there a few posts back. You mustn’t have been paying too much attention. @myboyblue can probably be of assistance to you with Laois. I do recall him mentioning that Laois had beaten Armagh something like four times in the space of a year.

Carlow’s showing in 2017 showed them beat London, Wexford and Leitrim, narrowly. Not very impressive given that those three teams are probably in the bottom 5 in the country at present.

Fermanagh bombing it into the two Quigleys early on.

Early black card for Sean Quigley.

Very silly.

Lovely score from Armagh.

Grugan with a fantastic cross field ball into the chest of Murnin who shimmies and points from 40 yards.

Murnin and Rafferty winning a lot of ball in the full forward.

Murnin is a fantastic player.

Ulster football leading the way in kick passing here.

Both sides letting it in direct.

Super score from Gregory McCabe.

Armagh 0-04
Fermanagh 0-03

0-05 each

Nip and tuck.

A lovely score from Ben Crealey.

1 Like

0-07 each.

Fermanagh with the chance to go a point in front here before HT.

The referee is very fussy, giving out loads of soft yellows and frees to both sides.

Murnin levels up at the other end with another brilliant point.