National Gaelic Football League 2018

Just spotted that was from October.

Tipperary side to play Cork Saturday evening.

@myboyblue Jesus Christ that’s a risky looking team. I suppose it needed doing in some ways but it looks a bit drastic.

I doubt he has many other options given the injuries and absentees. I’d prefer a bit more experience in the backline, but where would you find it? We need to blood backs, and quickly. May as well do it in Division 4. Promotion would be nice, but not vital.

Good to see you back.

Isn’t Graiguecullen in Carlow?

Yes, and they can have them back any time they like.

What’s that about?

Ah you don’t know they story? @GeoffreyBoycott would no doubt tell it better than I, but this is the abridged version.

Graigue played in Carlow up until 1926, when they were suspended for a huge row in a County Final against Milford. They were invited to join the Laois Championship and there they remain.

They hold thirteen Carlow Senior Football Championship titles (the last of which was in 1925), and are part of the reason Carlow jerseys are the colour they are. They reached a county final one year, and the Carlow County Board chose to amalgamate the jerseys of both finalists to create the rasta job they currently sport.

2 Likes

Informative. So would Graigue lads support Laois then?
Bizarre really.
Good trivia though, have any other clubs won senior county championships outside of their own counties I wonder?

Ballaghadereen

Oh they’d be staunch Laoismen who don’t appreciate being told to “fuck off back to Carlow”, which is always a safe bet for winding them up on the field.

Incidentally, they were cunts when you’d be playing them underage back in the day. They could turn up with cunts from Palatine, Eire Óg, Ballinabranna, Hanrahans, etc.

That’s like two bald men fighting over who owns a bucket of excrement.

Not sure why anyone would do that, but you’d be more versed in handling buckets of other peoples excrement, so I bow to your greater knowledge.

Oh, I think you are. You’re from Laois, after all.

Flesh that out, pal.

Up there with, I know I am, but what are you.

No, mate, I know you’re from Laois.

Is your Parkinson’s disease kicking in again?

You know what I let you know. Which isn’t what you think you know, just what you presume to know.

Oh, I see it is kicking in.

Good luck with it.

@myboyblue Didn’t know about the injuries. Are Strong, Begley, Lillis, Buggie, Timmons all backs injured? I’d heard Booth was out. Afraid I haven’t been following as closely as I should.