National Hurling League 2012

I dunno, he missed the exhibition in Waterford last week and I heard it was due to injury?

[quote=“The Runt, post: 662144”]

I dunno, he missed the exhibition in Waterford last week and I heard it was due to injury?[/quote]

Hannon was on the Munster panel for the railway cup game. Didn’t feature though so he may be injured. We will struggle even more without him if he is injured. I expect Clare to win Sat night unless the Na Piarsigh players really hit the ground running.

[quote=“hannibal, post: 662145”]

Hannon was on the Munster panel for the railway cup game. Didn’t feature though so he may be injured. We will struggle even more without him if he is injured. I expect Clare to win Sat night unless the Na Piarsigh players really hit the ground running.[/quote]

Hannon pulled out due to injury alright , dunno if he is back for Saturday though.

Tipp team for Sunday

Gleeson
Donagh Maher, Curran, Micheal Cahill
Shane Maher, Conor O’Mahony, Padraic Maher
David Young, Brendan Maher
Gar Ryan, Noel McGrath, Adrain Ryan
John O’Brien, Buggy, Pa Bourke

1. Nickie Quaid Effin

2. Paul Browne Bruff

3. Richie McCarthy Blackrock

4. Tom Condon Knockaderry

5. Conor Allis Croom

6. Wayne McNamara Adare

7. Gavin O’ Mahoney Kilmallock

8. Donal O’Grady Granagh/Ballingarry

9. James Ryan Garryspillane

10. Declan Hannon Adare

11 David Breen NaPiarsaigh

12 Shane Dowling NaPiarsaigh

13 Seanie O’Brien Patrickswell

14 Niall Moran Ahane

15 Mikey Ryan Murroe/Boher

16 Aaron Murphy Hospital/Herbertstown

17 David Moloney Blackrock

18 Graeme Mulcahy Kilmallock

19 James O’Brien NaPiarsaigh

20 Kevin Downes NaPiarsaigh

21 Mark Carmody Patrickswell

22 Niall Maher Doon

23 Paudie O’Brien Kilmallock

24 Shane O’Neill South Liberties

25 Stephen Walsh Glenroe

26 Thomas O’Brien Patrickswell

Good side with a strong bench,Limerick by 2pts.

Interesting Limerick team, few strange selections there. Presumably Paul Browne’s positioning is in anticipation of a two man Clare full-forward line?

He hurled corner back at minor and 21’s for Limerick IIRC

Clare won the Waterford crystal game due to 2 very soft goals from a raw corner back,it wont happen this week i cant see clare getting more than 1 goal,1-14 or something…

Surprised to see Tipp name David Young at midfield, he was shown up there 2 years ago, his hurling just isn’t quick enough. No point picking him to just ruffle Fennelly’s feathers. Bringing Shane Maher in is another step in the wrong direction as well, he wasn’t much more than a solid functional hurler when he finally got a run in the side back in 2008 hard to see how he would much more to offer now

8/11 available for a Kilkenny win looks tempting

If you took Noel McGrath out of that Tipp attack it’d be very ordinary.

Tipperary show eight changes for Kilkenny rematch

SEÁN MORAN
GAELIC GAMES: TIPPERARY HAVE named a side showing eight changes from last year’s All-Ireland final for Sunday’s rematch with Kilkenny in Nowlan Park.
Manager Declan Ryan names two debutants, both related to other members of the team. Right-corner back Donagh Maher is a brother of wing back Shane Maher and right-wing forward Adrian Ryan is a cousin of Gearóid on the other wing.
Among those missing are the recently retired Lar Corbett, long-serving goalkeeper Brendan Cummins, last year’s captain Eoin Kelly and Shane McGrath, carrying an injury. Séamus Callanan and Patrick Maher are recovering from long-term injuries.
David Young, more familiar at wing back in his previous appearances, is named at centrefield beside Brendan Maher.
New Galway manager Anthony Cunningham has named eight of the side he led to last year’s under-21 All-Ireland for Sunday’s match against holders Dublin in Pearse Stadium.
Jimmy Barry-Murphy’s first Cork selection for this year’s league features two debutants for tomorrow night’s Division One match against Waterford in Páirc Uí Chaoimh. Ross Cashman and Darren Sweetnam come into the team at centre back and centrefield respectively.
Former Hurler of the Year Seán Ó hAilpín returns after a year in exile and starts at centrefield beside Sweetnam, who like his partner, makes his senior debut a year after playing minor for the county. There are three members of the team Barry-Murphy took to the 1999 All-Ireland title: goalkeeper and new captain Donal Cusack, corner forward Ben O’Connor and Ó hAilpín.
Cashman, from Kilbrittain, is the latest graduate of the All-Ireland intermediate winning team of three years ago. Niall McCarthy, Cian McCarthy and dual player Eoin Cadogan are injured.
Dublin manager Anthony Daly won’t name the league holders’ team for the trip to Galway until tomorrow but he had good news, with both Liam Rushe and Peter Kelly coming through injury scares to be available for selection. Daly is aware that this is a demanding opening fixture against the side they beat in last year’s Leinster semi-final.
In Division Two, another recent managerial appointment Liam Dunne has named his first Wexford team for the league encounter with Antrim in Casement Park. He gives debuts to Glynn Barntown pair John Leacy at centrefield and Gary Moore at corner forward.
TIPPERARY (SH v Kilkenny): D Gleeson; D Maher, P Curran, M Cahill; S Maher, C O’Mahony, P Maher; B Maher, D Young; G Ryan, N McGrath, A Ryan; P Bourke, B O’Meara, J O’Brien.
GALWAY (SH v Dublin): J Skehill; D Connolly, D Collins, G O’Halloran; T Regan, F Moore, N Donoghue; D Burke, C Donnellan; C Cooney, N Burke, I Tannian; D Hayes, B Daly, J Regan. Subs: J Ryan, P Shiel, B Flaherty, P Huban, B Burke, J Coen, E Ryan, J Cooney, J Grealish, A Harte, D Glennon.
CORK (SH v Waterford): D Cusack; B Murphy, S McDonnell, S O’Neill; J Gardiner, R Cashman, W Egan; S Ó hAilpín, D Sweetnam; C Lehane, P Cronin, C Naughton; P Horgan, P O’Sullivan, B O’Connor. Subs: M Coleman, A Nash, D Cahalane, M O’Sullivan, T Kenny, L McLoughlin, L O’Farrell, B Corry, C O’Sullivan, C Joyce, J Coughlan.
WEXFORD (SH v Antrim): E Martin; B Kenny, M O’Hanlon, B Kehoe; D Stamp, K Rossiter, C Kenny; E Quigley, J Leacy; R Kehoe, D O’Keefe, PJ Nolan; T O’Leary, G Sinnott, G Moore. Subs: N Breen, D Redmond, S Murphy, J Berry, P Morris, J Guiney, R Jacob.
KERRY (SH v Westmeath): B Rochford; R Horgan, T Murnane, P Costello; J Godley, J Casey, C Harris; D Dineen, J Griffin; D O’Connell, M Boyle, W Dwyer; P Boyle, S Brick, S Nolan. Subs: PJ Gorman, C Harty, D Walsh, L Boyle, A Boyle, J O’Connor, J Fitzgerald, B Murphy, A O’Connor.

I’m expecting a stong Kilkenny team and based on early season form, that Tipp team and being at home 8/11 looks generous.

But I’ll wait for our team to be announced.

Og Regan at wing back and Cyril Donnellan at midfield. Hmmmm!

He was never a forward WTB he was just stuck in there due to lack of options.

Thats the strongest half forward line we’ve put out in a long time. Hannon & Dowling are two of the best young hurlers in the country at the minute.

I’d like to be convinced by Moran at FF, he’s been tried there a few times and it never worked.

I’d be worried about the spine of our defence. I’ve big hopes for Allis though.

Looks like another year of Niall Moran bashing on the cards from Julio :lol:

You can’t say I’m not consistent, I’ll give him a few games before I pass judgement. Hopefully someone’s thought him how to put up his hand

I’ve got my weekend assignments in from Rocko and I’ll be covering both the Limerick match on saturday night and the Killaloe p2p on Sunday so I will let you know how he gets on.

Kilkenny to win handy. Can’t remember that last time Tipp beat KK in Nowlan Park. Presume it’s on tv?