National Hurling League 2012

Don’t think we have a thread for this

Starts this weekend with some interesting games in 1A and 1B.

In 1A with there being a credible threat of relegation for some of the top sides they will have to approach the opening couple of games with in the right frame of mind. With any 4 of Galway, Cork, Waterford and Dublin likely to be sucked into the drop zone, while in 1B all four of Wexford, Ofaaly, Clare and Limerick will be looking for promotion while Laois and Antrim will be looking to spring a surprise early on to give their survival chances a big boost.

Given that three of the six sides in 1A are in transition and with new managers at the helm you would feel that it is between Tipp and Kilkenny for the league title, with Kilkenny probably being worthy favourites as Tipp will surely look to blood some inexperienced players to try and get a bit more depth to their panel. Have the feeling it could well be between Galway and Waterford for relegation.

I have Dublin backed at 7/4 to beat Galway in week one. In 1B, Limerick will beat the shit off Clare…

What price are Clare to beat Limerick?

IT will be Very interesting to see how Galway go without Canning

Wins for Waterford, Limerick, Wexford, Kilkenny, Galway and Offaly this weekend one would think.

11/8 on PP

Haven’t checked but probably around 7/2 or 4/1…

TAN is the prediction king when it comes to the league. I think Cld used be pretty good as well.

[quote=“The Dunph, post: 662130”]

Haven’t checked but probably around 7/2 or 4/1…[/quote]

Free money.

Clare will beat Limerick pulling up this weekend.

Havent they done alright in the league without him in the past? Tannian has made some hay in his absence if memory serves me correctly previously.

Is Hannon available for the weekend?
He had been injured.

I’d keep Wexford out of any accumulators ye have. An experimental year ahead I’d say.

Cork (SH v Waterford): D Ó Cusack; B Murphy; S McDonnell, S O’Neill; J Gardiner, R Cashman, W Egan; S Ó hAillpín, D Sweetnam; C Lehane, P Cronin, C Naughton; P Horgan, P O’Sullivan, B O’Connor.

Sean Og starts in midfield :strokechin:

That’s a fairly inexperienced side…

is it. Only two players who haven’t hurled senioer I/C championship in Cashman and Sweetnam. Take Lehane out of the forwards and Cashman out of the backs and there is plenty of intercounty experience there

That’s four players with little or no intercounty experience. Has McDonnell experience? Egan has little enough two.

McDonnell and Egan were regulars in the side last year. 10 of that team are very experienced I/C hurlers at this stage, some with over a decades experience while even the likes of Cronin, Horgan, O’Sullivan, Naughton etc are there 4 years or more now

Puke, have you read on any of your other forums whether or not Hannon is available for Limerick?

Didn’t even know he was injured. Didn’t he play for UL’s freshers earlier in the week?