National Hurling League 2015

I don’t know what the fuck is going on

The goals have dried up, Joe. Ye will struggle as long as this goal drought continues.

Tipp will win the all Ireland

We knew that.

@carryharry What the fuck happened Padraic Maher today, didn’t see any of the game?

Galway just about deserved their victory today.

Late into the second half they were under serious pressure with the KK backs completely dominant for the past 10 minutes. Some brave defending and solid goal keeping kept their noses ahead.

Tannian and Glynn has great games. Glynn is a really important player for us now and whilst he is not a silk merchant he is brave and he is a leader. Jason Flynn will also have a big year based on what I saw today and Cathal Mannion gave a lot of grief to Paul Murphy.

Canning was introduced in the second half. There is a small contingent in the Galway crowd who would have you believe that we operate better without Canning and he wouldn’t be the most loved individual in the eyes of the seasoned fans. I had one of this contingent beside me today, ranting and raving about Canning ‘trying to run the show’, ‘not doing what he was told’ etc.
Now, I wasn’t too sure what to expect myself for Canning but I do know he is and will continue to be our most important player for another half a decade yet barring injury. Anyway, he came on, first impression… he looks fitter now than I have ever seen him before. Almost too lean but I think thats delusional on my part. I don’t think I have ever seen him so pent up ever for a game. He was bickering with the ref, tearing into tackles, got a yellow card… He went through Padraig Walsh for a short cut with a ‘slightly’ late shoulder and in general looked like a lad who had a point to prove. When things settled down he was immense. Scored a cracker, missed another, created a point, scored a sideline, made a few important interceptions.

Greg Lally had a fine game and deserve another shot at 6. Collins and Mac were solid but unspectacular. Our Full back line did ok, Callanan was exposed on occasion but Hanbury has the look of a proper number 3.

The pitch was a disgrace again. These games should be in Athenry.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1103477, member: 686”]
The pitch was a disgrace again. These games should be in Athenry.[/QUOTE]

Saw a picture of it, looks like it was laid in segments only this morning. What’s the craic with it?

Drainage done at back end of 2014. Athenry was meant to used initially for early league games.

Its not a the greatest pitch at the best of times anyway.

That pitch is going to keep us in division one. I saw Lebron James play during the week, canning is the same, just makes it look so easy and can do anything. I thought he looked a bit out of shape today though.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1103477, member: 686”]Galway just about deserved their victory today.

Canning was introduced in the second half.

Now, I wasn’t too sure what to expect myself for Canning but I do know he is and will continue to be our most important player for another half a decade yet barring injury. Anyway, he came on, first impression… he looks fitter now than I have ever seen him before. Almost too lean but I think thats delusional on my part. I don’t think I have ever seen him so pent up ever for a game. He was bickering with the ref, tearing into tackles, got a yellow card… He went through Padraig Walsh for a short cut with a ‘slightly’ late shoulder and in general looked like a lad who had a point to prove. When things settled down he was immense. Scored a cracker, missed another, created a point, scored a sideline, made a few important interceptions.

[/QUOTE]

Would @Kinvara’s Passion think Joe had succumbed to the Nutribullet thingy. Fuck me, I’d nearly say that’s the answer.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1103477, member: 686”]Galway just about deserved their victory today.

Late into the second half they were under serious pressure with the KK backs completely dominant for the past 10 minutes. Some brave defending and solid goal keeping kept their noses ahead.

Tannian and Glynn has great games. Glynn is a really important player for us now and whilst he is not a silk merchant he is brave and he is a leader. Jason Flynn will also have a big year based on what I saw today and Cathal Mannion gave a lot of grief to Paul Murphy.

Canning was introduced in the second half. There is a small contingent in the Galway crowd who would have you believe that we operate better without Canning and he wouldn’t be the most loved individual in the eyes of the seasoned fans. I had one of this contingent beside me today, ranting and raving about Canning ‘trying to run the show’, ‘not doing what he was told’ etc.

Greg Lally had a fine game and deserve another shot at 6. Collins and Mac were solid but unspectacular. Our Full back line did ok, Callanan was exposed on occasion but Hanbury has the look of a proper number 3.

The pitch was a disgrace again. These games should be in Athenry.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes think Canning is way worse when he’s in that kind of mood though. Trying to do everything himself and all fired up. That’s the way he was in Thurles v Clare two years ago and it was the worst game I ever saw him play.

I’ll answer that with this comment from somebody on Premierview

Canning must, or at least should realise that if he wants to hang onto miss wyse, he will actually have to produce the goods on the pitch for once.
I honestly would give him a run at centre back and only allow him to take frees from that area.
The home of Galway hurling is not Pearse stadium, which is a barren, windswept, concrete wasteland of a ground.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1103544, member: 1170”]Canning must, or at least should realise that if he wants to hang onto miss wyse, he will actually have to produce the goods on the pitch for once.
I honestly would give him a run at centre back and only allow him to take frees from that area.
The home of Galway hurling us not Pearse stadium which is a barren windswept concrete wasteland of a ground.[/QUOTE]

For once? He’s produced the goods at least once in fairness.

A faint and fading memory to be honest. Shane Dooley was and is twice the hurler, which is a real shame given jc’s natural talent.

Ah here…

Bit harsh on Joe there. He’s a class hurler, expected to carry Galway on his back every single year. When Galway lose or underperform he seems to always bear the brunt of it.

To say Woodlock shouldn’t be next or near the panel is ludicrous. He isn’t the most skillful but he does a lot of hard graft and unseen work that people don’t appreciate. We have too many fancy dans who can flick over points from all angles. We need grafters like Woodlock.