National Hurling League 2015

Easy, easy… :clap::pint:

You scored 15 out of 15!
You’re a GAA diehard
You’ve been around the block and you know your hurling.

@myboyblue , who caught you out? Kevin Murray? :smiley:

:eek:

Great to be in thè big league

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1086069, member: 1517”]Easy, easy… :clap::pint:

You scored 15 out of 15!
You’re a GAA diehard
You’ve been around the block and you know your hurling.

@myboyblue , who caught you out? Kevin Murray? :D[/QUOTE]
Cullinane :frowning:

Who

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1086066, member: 363”]15 out of 15

In other news, Eoin Larkin will be out for up to 8 weeks. Apparently he underwent an operation for a groin problem yesterday. This will be his last year as well.

Larkin out, Lester Ryan won’t be back any time soon, Ballyhale lads mightn’t be back for a couple of months, 5 retirements.
We’ll be doing well to stay up.[/QUOTE]

Richie Power went over on his knee in training on Saturday.
I suppose it’s better he’s injured this time of year than any later, he wasn’t going to be playing the first two league matches anyway.

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 1086143, member: 1508”]Richie Power went over on his knee in training on Saturday.
I suppose it’s better he’s injured this time of year than any later, he wasn’t going to be playing the first two league matches anyway.[/QUOTE]

One injury doesn’t preclude another injury.
I’d say he’s fucked. Kilkenny are fucked.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1086146, member: 1786”]One injury doesn’t preclude another injury.
I’d say he’s fucked. Kilkenny are fucked.[/QUOTE]
Tis (insert preferred team of your choosing) to lose

Saw his name on his hurley!

14…Murray

Lads - is GAA Go worth the money from the UK?

If you are going to get it you might as well get the season ticket. But there are other options. @flattythehurdler would know.

Well 1b will be a hard sell

The Cork boys having the “banter” on the twitter Q&A with Anthony Nash

@coughlan_jamie
Follow

Hi Antony. Is it true you cant touch the crossbar in Croke Park? #AllianzLeagues[/URL] [URL=‘https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gaa?src=hash’]#Gaa

@psull88
Follow

Hi Anthony , do you use spray tan or the sun beds more regularly ??? #AllianzLeagues[/URL] [URL=‘https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gaa?src=hash’]#Gaa

It looks like Austin Gleeson could miss the Limerick match this week - Didn’t appear for WIT last week or the challenge game v Clare at the weekend, @Fagan ODowd can you confirm?

I’m looking forward to a romantic night in the GG with my TFK brethren

Canning out till the end of March by sounds of it.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1089124, member: 168”]It looks like Austin Gleeson could miss the Limerick match this week - Didn’t appear for WIT last week or the challenge game v Clare at the weekend, @Fagan ODowd can you confirm?

I’m looking forward to a romantic night in the GG with my TFK brethren[/QUOTE]
I so confirm.

Outstanding stuff from the Examiner, picking out a man who started the All Ireland final last year

Young Guns in Hurling

Cillian Kiely (Offaly)

Kiely rose to prominence in Kilcormac Kiloughey’s run to last December’s Leinster Club final, his extra-time winner against Shelmaliers in the Leinster quarter-final drawing praise from all quarters. In his first year out of minor, Kiely didn’t have to wait long before the call came from senior boss Brian Whelahan. Was sprung from the bench in the Walsh Cup defeat by Galway, effortlessly converting a sideline cut. Could become a permanent fixture in attack in his debut season.

Cian Lynch (Limerick)

TJ Ryan didn’t hang about in calling up the Patrickswell teenager to the senior squad, not surprising though given his role in Limerick’s back-to-back Munster minor successes. Lynch started all three Waterford Crystal games last month, hitting four points from play in a hugely encouraging final display against Cork. Certainly doesn’t lack in confidence and a firm advocate of the Kevin Broderick style of point-taking.

Bobby Duggan (Clare)

Podge Collins’ decision to concentrate solely on football in 2015 has opened the door for an emerging Clare hurler to nail down a starting berth this spring. The likes of Davy O’Halloran, Aaron Cunningham and Cathal O’Connell staked their claim during the Waterford Crystal campaign, but none was more impressive than 19-year old Duggan. Top-scored with four points from play in the semi-final defeat to Cork. More noteworthy, however, was his contribution in NUIG’s shock Fitzgibbon Cup victory over UCC. Duggan hit 0-12 from left half-forward, seven from play. Comfortable both in the centre and on the wing.

John Power (Kilkenny)

The 22-year old will be keen to build on the rich vein of form he enjoyed at the tail end of the 2014 championship, providing Kilkenny’s second goal, and, ultimately, the defining score of the replayed All-Ireland final. Having made just two starts last summer, the younger of the Power brothers will aim to nail down one of the two corner-forward slots this spring. Easier said than done.

Andy Walsh (Cork)

Of the several fringe players looked at by the Cork management throughout January, Walsh stood head and shoulders above the rest. As a result, his inclusion in the league panel was never in doubt. The Killeagh midfielder etched his name onto the score-sheet in the three Waterford Crystal games he started. Full of running and, indeed, confidence. Will provide solid backup to the likely midfield pairing of Aidan Walsh and Daniel Kearney.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Kilkenny

Murphy
Keogh
Murphy
Tyrrell
Kennedy
Joyce
Buckley
Fogarty
ryan
P Walsh
W Walsh
Ruth
kelly
Farrell
hogan

V weak bench
paul Murphyvprob best candidate for full back.
Cork have more or less first choice team named

Nash
Cahalane
Joyce
O’Sullivan
Murphy
Ellis
Walsh
kearney
Cronin
harnedy
Cooper