National Hurling League 2015

Nasty stuff. Little apples.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1115366, member: 180”]At least Walsh Park is in some degree of civilisation*

• I use the word loosely.[/QUOTE]
    Rich coming from a Leix man

Agreed, I’d be better qualified than most to judge.

Thought we’d finally get a hiding today, if I’m honest. Cold windy day and a slow pitch against as big a team as there is in inter county hurling. Thought Galway would at some stage put Canning in at full forward and he’d clean out Coughlan. But they never did. One goal chance in the entire game and Iggy O’Regan saved it well. If we avoid a trimming against Tipp and roll into the Championship with a bit of momentum it will have been a great league for us.

Dé Burca has been the player of the league for us, Great positional sense and calm on the ball. Gleeson is getting better and better but needs to be told to cop the fuck on about his discipline. Barron was excellent today and the forwards worked like Trojans but lack a genuine scoring threat.

As an aside to this who give out about negative tactics in football, there were only two goals scored in the four hurling quarter finals. There was only one goal chance in the whole of the Waterford game. I dont recall too many in the Dublin game either. I didn’t see the other games.

To those complaining about No Sponsor Walsh Park, well I can confirm that it’s a frightful dump. But it’s our frightful dump.

no fear of Waterford collapsing v Tipp…they are buzzing

:eek:

Funny how when Donegal do it its puke football but when waterford pull everyone back it’s ‘a lovely brand of hurling’.

Anyone at Cork-Wexford and willing to provide a match report/summary? @TheUlteriorMotive?

I heard Lehane hurled Chin off the pitch mate.

They’re two separate sports pal.

Wind ruined the game - hard to tell too much because of that.

Wexford full back line played very well, in particular the full back O’Hanlon who dominated O’Farrell and when he was taken off O’Sullivan. Cork full forward line was all anonymous - Horgan played out around half forward area.

Cork started the game expecting to hammer Wexford and were fluting about with early chances, going for goals when they should have tapped it over.

Wexford then got a foothold and dominated from 10th minute to 30th minute. Wexford half back line won everything during this stage. Missed a few scorable chances. Cork stepped it up again for last five minutes. Lehane popped a few over to keep Cork in touch and Horgan scored as well.

Horgan has to play out in half forward line - he is lethal shooting over his shoulder. Walsh put in a hit and you could hear the thud in the stand.

Shane O’Neill played very well for Cork in second half. Rob O’Shea will probably get a start for Cork in championship. Looked good.

In summary Wexford are strong defensively but miss too many chances. Cork were not great yesterday but their half forward line - Horgan. Harnedy and Lehane did enough.

Cheers, bro. Did Wexford collapse or was it more weather dictating lop-sided halves in terms of one team being dominant?

Wexford didn’t collapse. Weather meant it was very hard to score into the wind. Even with the wind Horgan missed frees he normally taps over. Pitch was also cut up after football game.

Despite match reports it was not a foregone conclusion that Cork would win until very end.

Wexford had a half chance near end of a goal and then Cork scored two insurance points.

They played a hurling match after a football match? That would seem like very foolish carryon.

The equivalent of trying to play football on a pitch that some bastion of society had spent the evening before doing doughnuts on. :mad:

No need for the waterford sniping just because Limerick hurling is in the toilet

:rolleyes: Idiot.

It’s not a snipe at waterford, it’s an observation. After limerick I’ll be rooting for waterford this year.

a lot of teams have been playing sweeper, dropping lines back on puck outs, swarm tackles - teams have become more defensive

Galway used the blanket defence against Cork in second half of 2012 semi-final and Cork were clueless that day

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1115498, member: 2272”]

Galway used the blanket defence against Cork in second half of 2012 semi-final and Cork were clueless that day[/QUOTE]
if ever there was a day to bring on john gardiner …he would have picked off scores from half back no bother …instead cork kept dropping balls in on top of tony Og regan who dropped back in front of fullback…

Pretty sure Gardiner had been dropped from the panel at the beginning of 2012.