National Hurling League 2015

don’t think so…remember watching the game thinking he had to be brought on near the end given the amount of time and space cork half back line weer getting on ball…instead cork brought on sweetman around midfield and he kept giving the ball away IIRC…

yeah Gardiner was there for 2012 - Cork just rained ball down on Pa Cronin who was the only ball winner they had that year and he was crowded out of it

Waterford may have showed their hand a bit early with the system but no doubt they can adapt it - in bad weather it will work very well when long range scoring is impossible but if your opponents knock over 4 or 5 long range scores at start of a game then you have to come out and play

it is also going to be a useful system for them to use when they develop a lead and pressure starts to build on opposition

Ref in the Cork Wexford game yesterday was not allowing quick puck outs - insisted on no puck out til he was back in midfield and ready

Who was the ref?

Cathal McAllister did a fine job in Nowlan Park yesterday. Was not overly fussy and let the game flow throughout.

Always like him as a ref

McGrath - effectively stopped both teams short puck outs

Wasn’t bad but some frees were hard earned and a lot of pulling and dragging let go.

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1115496, member: 1533”]:rolleyes: Idiot.

It’s not a snipe at waterford, it’s an observation. After limerick I’ll be rooting for waterford this year.[/QUOTE]
was only winding you up - I always shout for Limerick too after waterford

Brian Gavin refereed the Waterford Galway game and was his usual model of excellence and fair play.

Me too. Have always been my second favourite county since the days of the swashbuckling Richie Bennis. Even after Richies gauche and unsporting remarks after the 2007 semi final I still rooted for Limerick in the final and limited my comments to a simple “how many did Donie get there Richie”.

I just saw a relaxed Pat Malone sipping a coffee in Oranmore. Himself AC, Cloonan and Curley have 9 weeks to sort out yesterdays mess.

Not sure how obvious it was from the sidelines but from TV it looked like Junior C stuff from Galway.

At least expectations are nice and low.

Sunday, April 19

Allianz Hurling League Division I Semi-Finals

Cork v Dublin, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 2pm (Live on TG4)
Tipperary v Waterford, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 4pm (Live on TG4)

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1115564, member: 180”]Sunday, April 19

Tipperary v Waterford, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 4pm (Live on TG4)[/QUOTE]
Ah lovely. The home of hurling. I hope Tipp aren’t too spooked by their recent troubles there and they give us a bit of a game.

Nowlan Park is a lovely venue for a game. Smashing provincial ground

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1115564, member: 180”]Sunday, April 19

Tipperary v Waterford, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 4pm (Live on TG4)[/QUOTE]

It rarely happens in GAA but a very good decision to have a double header and Nowlan Park is a superb venue.

Agree with that. Hopefully they will put the icing on the cake and treat the occasion to two top class referees like James Owens and Diarmuid Kirwan.

As an aside only Croke Park has hosted more All Ireland Senior hurling finals than Fraher Field. The place should be treasured by you not mocked. There are very few places you can go and experience what a match day would have been like the last time Laois were in an All Ireland final.

1915 in fact, with a commemorative match being played today week in Ballacolla to mark the one and only All Ireland this fair county has had. Saw the once off jersey online earlier, its a lovely job.

Fraher Field is the equal of Walsh Park, a stadium I like actually, and was only there last Summer. The stand is quaint, but the terrace is grand and I like a good terrace. However its a cunt to get to and that was the straw on which I based it worse than Walsh Park. I never said either were dives, etc, something not picked up on by your fellow countyman.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1115612, member: 180”]1915 in fact, with a commemorative match being played today week in Ballacolla to mark the one and only All Ireland this fair county has had. Saw the once off jersey online earlier, its a lovely job.

Fraher Field is the equal of Walsh Park, a stadium I like actually, and was only there last Summer. The stand is quaint, but the terrace is grand and I like a good terrace. However its a cunt to get to and that was the straw on which I based it worse than Walsh Park. I never said either were dives, etc, something not picked up on by your fellow countyman.[/QUOTE]
Fraher Field is a cunt to get to? For Laois matches? Sure just drive up and park at the gate?

I was at it. It was an odd game in that it is the only significant championship match that I can recall in a long time where I wasn’t bracing for a Galway collapse. Even in the Leinster final I was nervous once the euphoria of the first half wore off, waiting for the kk revival which, as it turns out, never materialised that day.
The Galway cork game just seemed to meander to the inevitable conclusion.
I had been drinking all morning though.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1115562, member: 686”]I just saw a relaxed Pat Malone sipping a coffee in Oranmore. Himself AC, Cloonan and Curley have 9 weeks to sort out yesterdays mess.

Not sure how obvious it was from the sidelines but from TV it looked like Junior C stuff from Galway.

At least expectations are nice and low.[/QUOTE]
Eugene Cloonan is a very shrude operater.

Indeed. :smiley:

Galway will definately win an all Ireland with him.