National Hurling League Final 2023 - KK v the Limericks

Excellent choice of venue cc @Thomas_Brady @Fletch

Tickets not out on sale yet.

Too early for teams, or conditions, or sandwich make-up, nor watering holes and complaints about why a 40k capacity venue is not slap bang in the city centre. But in saying that, I’m going to go with Limerick by 4, and they’ll be pulling up. They’re just that far ahead of all counties, never mind the current HURLING POWER RATINGS with the Limericks at No.1 and KK in a distant No. 3.

Limerick by 10 pts plus

A very @Joe_Player style prediction

It will be a good clean contest from two honest teams. No feigning injury, diving or being absolute bitches.
We’ll go back putting up with that shite once Munster rolls around

6 Likes

There’s savage respect between both counties.

Manly hurling will be the order of the day and may the best team win.

4 Likes

I was just confirming the two counties AI totals (36 v 11) and was going to make a quip around “are KK more than three times the hurling county than Limerick?” but that’s too obvious. But interestingly, Limerick now have more provincial titles than Wexford, but still less than Dublin.

Will Kilkenny travel?

Limerick -10 is like picking money off the floor

1 Like

You’d have to fancy Kilkenny after the way they manhandled the second best team in the country last weekend cc @backinatracksuit. Tipp absolutely tore Limerick apart last week and took their foot off the gas as they’d seen enough and more games with Limerick lay ahead - the Leinster team will have no such concerns and this will be their only real test until July so they’ll bring absolutely everything against a Limerick team still finding fitness. It’ll be a great workout for Limerick and it should be a good physical test against a county we have the utmost respect for.

In our 10’s of 10’s

I’d imagine the line will be -5 so you’ll get great odds for that

Playing the National League hurling final on the same day as numerous provincial championship games in football just feels wrong though. The game is in danger of being overshadowed by the likes of Mayo v Roscommon , Clare v Cork and………Wicklow v Carlow that day.

Absolutely not.

They’re not good travellers?

I’d have considered it if it was on in Thurles.

Cork, fuck right off.

Have you been to a game/gig there? It’s the best stadium in Ireland

Speak for yourself, my crew, albeit much depleted, will be in attendance .

4 Likes

What makes it so great?

It’s everything:

The setting, the river, Montenotte overlooking it, the Marina walk, coffee stalls, the 5 points park, The Venue, Longboats, lads parking up in Blackrock, sambo’s by the Atlantic Pond, the walk from the city, the craic, the Marina Market, Cork like, the wagons circling, the train coming into Kent, the anticipation…

6 Likes

Tickets bought. At the back of the North Stand, City end. Not great but we’ll be dry if there’s rain.

3 Likes