NCAA Football 2016 - The road to Arizona ( and various other places)

Not sure about this. The committee ranked Notre Dame 5th because they narrowly lost on the road to Clemson - a team they ranked 1st.

A Clemson loss here could also hurt the Irish.

Not going to happen now :frowning:

I think this is a good result for us. Clemson is our dance partner into the playoffs. Now we need carnage in the other conferences.

Pitch invasion in Death Valley, incredible scenes!

Shoot out over on ESPN between Arkansas and Ole Miss. 45 all with 25 seconds left.

FG for Arkansas blocked. We end tied on 45.

Great ending at Ole Miss. Ole Miss get a TD in touchdown and have Arkansas on 4th and 25. Arkansas convert with a lateral and then get a TD. They go for 2 to win it and a QB sack but pulled back for a facemask. Then QB runs it in himself for 2 on the retry. Super game.

1 Like

All change in the Top 10 today with LSU, TCU and Michigan State all losing.

Ohio State continue to rack up the wins but the uncertainty at QB isn’t helping. Massive game against Michigan State in 2 weeks. The Spartans somehow contrived to lose against Nebraska in a game they dominated.

@Rocko can you provide a weekly update, every Sunday, detailing all instances of lateral passes, including videos where available?

2 Likes

Zeki Elliott says he’s done with the Buckeyes and has a good old go at the play calls after 17-14 loss to MSU.

Getting the carnage in the conferences I was hoping for but Notre Dame’s form has gone backwards in the last few games. Made hard work of beating Boston College at Fenway last night and picked up injuries to Kevare Russell and CJ Prosise.

Probably will still be just about in the top 4 when the rankings come out on Tuesday. It will be do or die at Stanford next Saturday night.

I read Les Miles is under pressure at LSU. He has averaged 10 wins during his tenure but I’ve always felt he was a bit of a charlatan. Some of the teams he’s had have been unreal, there is a shit load of talent down in Louisiana.

It’s a catch 22 for ND fans. Obviously they want them in the Top 4 but getting into the Top 4 and being demolished (which looks likely on their current form) like the 2013 Natty game would be a disaster.

Ezekiel Elliot has silenced the critics this afternoon in The Game, what a masterful performance in The Big House.

Les Miles is likely gone. Jimbo Fisher has reportedly turned them down so who will they turn to?

Stanford - Notre Dame is the highlight of the week.

Has anyone bought tickets for the BC game at the Aviva yet? I will definitely go to this one, the ND-Navy game was a fantastic occasion. Perfect stadium for it, Croker is much too far from the pitch.

Iron Bowl underway. Would love to have been at College and Magnolia earlier.

That Burbridge lad for MSU has got some mad skillz. I presume he’s going to the draft. Should be a 1/2 rounder.

That was a magnificent catch by Smith for the Auburn TD. Nicely poised for 4th quarter now.

Smashing shove out of bounds that ends up with a heavy knock for the umpire.

Fantastic needle in this now.

Notre Dame got to take care of business and look impressive here. Will also need help from elsewhere, Oklahoma losing is probably a must at this stage.