NCC will love this

A priest in Killarney has criticised the GAA for staging Saturday evening games that clash with Mass times.

Fr Kevin McNamara believes Mass attendances are being affected by the number of GAA games which are now being shown live on TV.

“Last Saturday evening you had live TV games from 3.30pm until after 8pm. You had Monaghan v Derry and Kerry v Longford in football, and then Clare v Galway in hurling,” he said.

"That’s going a bit too far when you think that those games are clashing with Saturday evening vigil Masses which are held in most villages and towns. I noticed numbers in (St. Mary’s) Cathedral were down on Saturday evening.

“It could be that some people are on holidays, but the live GAA games on the TV are also a major factor.”

Fr McNamara has called on all GAA fans to lobby their clubs and county boards to highlight the issue.

“Everybody loves the GAA - I’m a big fan myself - but surely our faith can come first sometimes, especially on a Saturday evening.”

He should be hanged. A fucking priest and a GGA fan, disgusting.

[quote=“KIB man”]A priest in Killarney has criticised the GAA for staging Saturday evening games that clash with Mass times.

Fr Kevin McNamara believes Mass attendances are being affected by the number of GAA games which are now being shown live on TV.

“Last Saturday evening you had live TV games from 3.30pm until after 8pm. You had Monaghan v Derry and Kerry v Longford in football, and then Clare v Galway in hurling,” he said.

"That’s going a bit too far when you think that those games are clashing with Saturday evening vigil Masses which are held in most villages and towns. I noticed numbers in (St. Mary’s) Cathedral were down on Saturday evening.

“It could be that some people are on holidays, but the live GAA games on the TV are also a major factor.”

Fr McNamara has called on all GAA fans to lobby their clubs and county boards to highlight the issue.

"Everybody loves the GAA - I’m a big fan myself - but surely our faith can come first sometimes, especially on a Saturday evening."[/QUOTE]

case closed

What a delusional clown. The influence of the church in Ireland still plain to see sadly. Our faith :mad:

[quote=“KIB man”]A priest in Killarney has criticised the GAA for staging Saturday evening games that clash with Mass times.

“Everybody loves the GAA - I’m a big fan myself - but surely our faith can come first sometimes, especially on a Saturday evening.”[/QUOTE]

Thinly veiled - I was gutted to miss the GAA over the weekend.

Think he is raging that his weekly tax free sum was down. Cheeky cunt and the Ryan report barely out a month :mad:

What a fucking gobshite that priest is.