Netflix

Palm Trees in the Snow is another Spanish one that is very good. Was recommended on here.

And the Scottish one Calibre is worth a watch

I have them both but that Palm Trees one is very long. Iā€™ll get to it at some stage soon.

Started The Barrier. Spanish series set in 2045 where Spain like rest of world is under a dictatorial regime ostensibly to protect natural resources and the emergence of new viruses threatens the health system

For your safety the curfew will begin in five minutes

Yes Day is an enjoyable family romp.

Donā€™t. It actually starts out decent enough, then half way through with absolutely no indications at all, thereā€™s some fucking magic type shit happening. From that point on it makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. We finished it out to see what the fuck was going on, but the ending, sweet jebus. Itā€™s setup for a second season, fool me once etc

1 Like

Lads have ye watched Letterkenny yet, itā€™s not on netflix but figure it out. One of the best comedyā€™s Iā€™ve ever seen

Is it like Nationwide?

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard its decent, illegal streams only it seems. Hopefully Disney will get it up shortly.

The book is far better. I wondered how they could make it into a tv show and they couldnā€™t really. The narrative in the book is all in the minds of the characters

Whereā€™s it set?

Letterkenny in Canada.

The lad who wrote it is from Listowel in Canada, and itā€™s based on that but changed it to the fictional Letterkenny, CA.

2 Likes

Wayne on Amazon prime is a good laugh.

1 Like

Thanks for this recommendation @TheUlteriorMotive. I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Katy :heart_eyes:

Unrale

Finished it last night. Was excellent alright. Not what I was expecting. Richard Harrisā€™s son was great (as usual) as was Hinds, Menzies. One that has crept under a lot of radars Iā€™d say, due to the less than welcoming naming of it.

Watched both seanson of Marcella, decant enough 6/10. The one with Stepehn Graham is fairly good too, heā€™s a great actor. Binged watched seanon 3 of stranger things with the 12 year old last night, good harmless stuff (Iā€™d still ride [Winona Ryder, she was actaully supposed to play Michael Corleoneā€™s daughter in Godfather 3 but got a bad virus on the way to the setā€¦) Queens Gambit is top notch, my 12 year old told me to atch it!

Watched this last night. I thought it was really good on a number of levels.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed blinded by the light. Cheesy as fuck but it reminded me of how much I used to get out of music. I played born to run for the wee lad on the way to school this morning. I think he was in shock

Watched Last Chance U basketball there. Never got into the American Football ones but really enjoyed it

1 Like