New jersey in GAA

I’ve found Bourke Sports to be the best in the game recently in terms of training tops and half zips. As rightly mentioned above, O’Neills will not go above and beyond for you… if you want them, come to them but they won’t do you any favours.

Quality wise by a mile though they are still the best sliotars and jersey quality.

Bourke Sports’ quality leave a lot to be desired as regards jerseys and t-shirts.

A different O’Neills rep I contacted justified the price difference regarding sliotars vs other manufacturers stating; “ours aren’t being made by some 6 year old in Asia for 10 cents a ball”.

I’m also hearing stories at club level that clubs are ordering yellow versions of the “old” sliotars as the quality of the official balls is leaving a lot to be desired.

I have to say this is not my experience. Perhaps i was lucky with the rep.

Isn’t there a crowd in Mungret making jersies as well?

I think they’re just dropshipping (like 95% of ‘jersey’ companies these days).

Aaron Gillane does it (or tried it) but was charging ‘local’ prices for dropshipping.

1 Like

Ya, I’ve a share of their stuff. It’s improved but the stuff got last year is already showing it’s age.

On the flip side I’m currently wearing a Masita training top we got in 2015.

Think that’s Cobi,very good gear tbf.

I have a Leitrim polo shirt missing the crest,I found it in the washing machine

O’Neills started doing stickers for their 3 lines on the sleeves of the jersey and it’s shit, has a shelf life now of about 2 years (and that’s if you make a point of turning it inside out the whole time). Not buying this bullshit that O’Neills are quality, gone downhill big time.

Kim Kardashian’s fans were left baffled this week as her and Kanye West’s daughter North West was spotted wearing an O’Neills jersey on social media.

O Neill’s do soccer jerseys now too don’t they

They’ve made inroads into Australian sport, they manufacture the guernseys/jerseys for the AFL’s Adelaide Crows and the NRL’s Penrith Panthers.

1 Like

The do the Australian Hockey teams and have the contract for the Hockey provincial tournament out there. They also have the Australian Institute of Sport.

1 Like

Tbf they’ve been guerilla marketing O’Neills gear down there for the best part of 30 years.