New jersey in GAA

:rolleyes:

Thanks for explaining that one.

Thanks for explaining that one.[/quote]

Not explaining runt/ncc/prawn/whichever one you are, reinforcing the stand you took.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Who comes up with these designs?

http://www.thegaastore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/AZZC010-2.jpg[/quote]

that jersey looks class!!

:clap:

That Laois geansa is quite decent.
Any ska on who’ll be sponsoring de dubs? Will they change the jersey design?

[quote=“Piles Hussain”]That Laois geansa is quite decent.
Any ska on who’ll be sponsoring de dubs? Will they change the jersey design?[/quote]

Ikea was the latest rumour

Serious mis step not to have it out for the Christmas market, they must be confident of getting big money.

but just how much do the Dublin county board get of sales??..i thought they have an agreement with O’neills and had an agreement with Arnotts that wasn’t linked to actual shirt sales? the price was predetermined before a shirt was ever sold?..maybe I’m wrong…

If Dublin GAA weren’t getting a cut of the biggest selling sports jersey in Ireland, then they’re absolute clowns scumpot.

Vodafone, seem to be the choosen ones.

Big money 800k to 1m a year.

What was the Arnotts deal?

600k a year.

Corks deal with 02 is 1m a year i think, or maybe its 1m for 3 years, can’t quite remember…
Are ye sure the dublin jersey is the biggest selling? Know it was Cork a few years ago anyway. Knew a guy who worked for the useless shower of coonts.
Probably could change year on year due to new gear coming out and/or success.

It’d be some going to top that in this climate. It would only be the likes of Vodafone or Ikea or companies of that ilk which cuold top it. If they were to get that money, the Christmas market wouldnt matter a fuck.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Corks deal with 02 is 1m a year i think, or maybe its 1m for 3 years, can’t quite remember…
Are ye sure the dublin jersey is the biggest selling? Know it was Cork a few years ago anyway. Knew a guy who worked for the useless shower of coonts.
Probably could change year on year due to new gear coming out and/or success.[/quote]

Well Irish Times say that 800k-1m a year is what Vodafone will be paying and that’s 4 times what O2 pay Cork.

Ya, must be a 3 or 4 year deal so. Cork are cak at the hurling at the moment so it doesn’t help. Dublin is a major pull alright.
O2 get a nice bit out of Cork by all accounts, and when it was up for discussion recently they blew away prospective new sponsors with their overall package. I think there is performance bonuses involved as well.

Seems to be a done deal

Dublin GAA have secured a sponsorship deal with Vodafone worth a reported €6million over six years.

Vodafone, who replace long-time sponsors Arnotts, will sponsor the senior hurling and football teams for about €1m a year.

Vodafone saw off competition from Meteor to sponsor the Dubs in the biggest deal of its kind in the history of the GAA.

Despite a lack of All-Ireland success since their victory in 1995, Dublin remain the highest draw in the country with regular attendances of over 80,000 for their Championship matches at Croke Park.

think you’re wrong MBB…i doubt the dubs have any right to look for a piece of jersey sales from arnotts…they probably factor it into the sponsorship price they look for at the start alright but i doubt they see anything after that…
some coup for Dublin if they get vodafone…not even the most anti-dub cunt could question the business acumen of Dublin county board if they pull off this deal and for that amount in this curent economic climate…:clap::clap: :smiley:

[quote=“scumpot”]think you’re wrong MBB…i doubt the dubs have any right to look for a piece of jersey sales from arnotts…they probably factor it into the sponsorship price they look for at the start alright but i doubt they see anything after that…
some coup for Dublin if they get vodafone…not even the most anti-dub cunt could question the business acumen of Dublin county board if they pull off this deal and for that amount in this curent economic climate…:clap::clap: :D[/quote]

The reported sum of 1 million a Year over 5 Years is a huge investment by Vodafone and is a measure of the pulling power of rthe GAA in the capital,ive never bothered reading NCCs favourite report about sport being played in Dublin but im sure Vodafone have considering the money theyre stumping up here.

In other news on the sports sponsorship front Tonys Take Away,somewhere in Tallaght have been announced as the new main sponsor of Shamrock in whats believed to involve a 3 figure sum and a few sets of jerseys.