New jersey in GAA

We’ve had a couple of rotten jerseys over the last 10 or 12 years to be fair (especially the 2009 one) but then again the general standard of GAA jersey design in that time has left a lot to be desired. Although I liked the 2002/03 version.

This is the best jersey design we’ve had for a long time but it’s ruined by the red. If there was a sponsor-free version it would look great. When Vodafone sponsored Clare their name was in white wasn’t it? Can’t understand why they couldn’t have just had it in navy on the Dubllin jersey. 3 Mobile’s logo for instance is in blue to fit in with the Waterford jersey and the Rocwell logo on the Tyrone jersey is red even though their logo is blue.

[quote=“sid waddell”]We’ve had a couple of rotten jerseys over the last 10 or 12 years to be fair (especially the 2009 one) but then again the general standard of GAA jersey design in that time has left a lot to be desired. Although I liked the 2002/03 version.

This is the best jersey design we’ve had for a long time but it’s ruined by the red. If there was a sponsor-free version it would look great. When Vodafone sponsored Clare their name was in white wasn’t it? Can’t understand why they couldn’t have just had it in navy on the Dubllin jersey. 3 Mobile’s logo for instance is in blue to fit in with the Waterford jersey and the Rocwell logo on the Tyrone jersey is red even though their logo is blue.[/QUOTE]

It was indeed…

that dublin jersey would have been class only for the red vodafone logo fucking it up, O Neills are really loving the plane designs this year, Antrim have a new jersey out aswell, it looks class !
http://www.sportsfile.com/search/Football/antrim/

That Dublin jersey is fucking fantastic. I like the red, it goes well with the light blue and the bit of white.
Coppers will be a much more sartorially elegant place this year anyway.

[quote=“noddy”] O Neills are really loving the plane designs this year
http://www.sportsfile.com/search/Football/antrim/[/QUOTE]
That’s strange, the only plane design I can think of this year is the Galway footballers’ jersey with Aer Arann on the front.

:smiley:
No laugh is too cheap.
Love it Sid.

[quote=“Thrawneen”]That Dublin jersey is fucking fantastic. I like the red, it goes well with the light blue and the bit of white.
Coppers will be a much more sartorially elegant place this year anyway.[/QUOTE]

Red, White and Blue?
Very apt for the Jackeens, ain’t it!

How do O’Neills get away with the obvious copy of Adidas stripes on the sleeves? Are Adidas the brand with the 3 stripes and O’Neills the brand with the 6 stripes? (6 stripes if you count 3 stripes on each sleeve i.e 3+3=6 stripes)

They have it as registered trademark in their own right I think. Either that or the domestic products policy renders adidas ineligible within the market.

so does that mean that Supermacs could use Mc’Donalds golden arches logo in theory?

No

Why not? Surely its the same thing?

I think O’Neills argue that they had 3 stripes sometimes before the trademark. O’Neills can’t make a logo from it or use it as a trademark but they can use varying number of stripes as they’ve always done. Humbug will know more but he hasn’t posted in a while.

:clap:

Yea its something like that. One version I heard was that there was a court case apparently and O Neills argued that theres isnt 3 stripes, more so two stripes between the three.

If you go to the O Neills website you cant buy the 3 stripes as a kit outside of Ireland, so foreign GAA Clubs couldnt have that design.

]Yea its something like that. One version I heard was that there was a court case apparently and O Neills argued that theres isnt 3 stripes, more so two stripes between the three.

Are you having a laugh?! Everyone in O’Neills must have really long noses for lying through their teeth. How did the courts belive that!!

[quote=“Trapattoni”]]
Are you having a laugh?! Everyone in O’Neills must have really long noses for lying through their teeth. How did the courts belive that!![/QUOTE]

The story goes that if Adidas had won the case, O Neill would have gone bust, they were on their uppers and, as the story goes, they won out with that argument.

Ah the awl sob story!

[quote=“myboyblue”]Yea its something like that. One version I heard was that there was a court case apparently and O Neills argued that theres isnt 3 stripes, more so two stripes between the three.

If you go to the O Neills website you cant buy the 3 stripes as a kit outside of Ireland, so foreign GAA Clubs couldnt have that design.[/QUOTE]

Yea I heard a similar one from the court case where they claimed it was a 5 band design the three different to the colour of the jersey and 2 in the middle the same colour as the jersey.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs085.snc3/15301_424969433501_350398153501_5423350_1689460_n.jpg