New Phones

Got these snazzy new phones in the office Today. You can even text off them. They have a grand loudspeaker function that you can make a phonecall without even picking up the phone. Tis deadly.

I got one lately with this thing called predictive text, tipptops*. It’s confusing at the start but once you get the hang of it, it’s quite superior to the old rather pedestrian way of writing a text. I still haven’t quite got used to it but I’m improving.

Sounds good SS.

With these phones I just diall up the number and the dialling tone comes out over the loudspeaker. Tis great.

I hope to good god you’re joking about that loudspeaker thing tipp. And what type of of office phone doesn’t have a loudspeaker anyway?

This is a pisstake thread surely.

[quote=“Flano”]I hope to good god you’re joking about that loudspeaker thing tipp. And what type of of office phone doesn’t have a loudspeaker anyway?

This is a pisstake thread surely.[/quote]

The phones in Em dont even have history on them. A pain if you dont write down the number of the caller.

I made sure I got one of the new phones in my place.

You got that when the times were good. Sure they wont even spring for a couple of Racing Posts or the Indo for the department now.

In fairness the loudspeaker thing is deadly Flano and is a very new development.

Do ye still have wankers ringing up saying “Oi did a tree your-o yankee and the bitch in da shop says it was late and won’t pay me out, I’m going to ring Gerry Ryan on yous, yous robbin bastards”

Why no RPs any more? Cut backs?

The loudspeaker is a new development?? Are we in the 80’s here?

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Do ye still have wankers ringing up saying “Oi did a tree your-o yankee and the bitch in da shop says it was late and won’t pay me out, I’m going to ring Gerry Ryan on yous, yous robbin bastards”

Why no RPs any more? Cut backs?[/quote]

I’ve had the odd call like that. I was on the phone to some pissed up fuck one day.(Who I later discovered was actually a fairly well known owner) He spent 40+ minutes repeating himself. I was actually trying not to burst out laughing at times/

You must be too young to remember the ‘A’ and ‘B’ buttons on the old pay phones, Flano.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Do ye still have wankers ringing up saying “Oi did a tree your-o yankee and the bitch in da shop says it was late and won’t pay me out, I’m going to ring Gerry Ryan on yous, yous robbin bastards”

Why no RPs any more? Cut backs?[/quote]

Flano would deal with the shops. Only have to deal with Customer service enquires and they generally are alright to talk too.

No need for them apparently even though we actually needed one today for a french race that we werent covering and had to get one from another department.

Tell me this boys, is there still a legend in there who supports Wigan Athletic?

Known simply as ‘The Pa’.

The Pa? Thats ridiculous.

Ive never heard of him.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Tell me this boys, is there still a legend in there who supports Wigan Athletic?

Known simply as ‘The Pa’.[/quote]

There was a Grimsby fan there when I was there.

Its fucking class though…you can wait until you see someone coming flick out a number and start talking away, forcing the other person to wait.

You boys aren’t at the coal face if you don’t know The Pa.

Nothing funnier than when an irate punter used to ring up and we’d stick him on speaker while we’d all titter away to ourselves.

I killed the Pa.