New York City

I’m heading over there for the weekend tomorrow. I have being a few times before but there are always new places to see in NY.

Anyone got any decent tourist, pub, restaurant recommendations outside of the obvious ones?

Check out the Twin Towers down in the business district.

The Joshua Tree on Restuarunt Row, not a place to stay all night but a class place to have a few gargles in. Also, if you haven’t been before, go to The Burger Joint in Le Parker Meridien Hotel. It’s a bizzare state of affairs. An old school burger joint just to the left of the reception in the hotel. You’ll probably see the queue snaking out into the lobby. Quality burger.

Whatever you do, don’t go to McSorleys…kip of a place :angry:

Head down McDougall Street - great buzz. I would recommend Cafe Wha? down there - live music venue with a resident band but can get full up very quickly.

Head to the Joe Strummer mural in the East Village.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 455126”]
Check out the Twin Towers down in the business district.
[/quote]Sick cunt <_<

Flano… can you remcommend a late bar for a bit of craic that doesn’t have 50 serious looking bouncers outside and isn’t an Irish bar?

Bar None, it probably has 2 serious looking bouncers (but thats better than 50) and it most definitely isn’t an Irish Bar. There’s also a load of places down on Amsterdam Avenue, you can take your pick there. I honestly can’t remember the names of any of the places I was in there.

MacDougal St and Bleaker Street always had a bit of craic going on in them… always had a good night in the area… While i lived there for a summer did feck all of the touristy stuff but was told the walking tours of harlem are very good but didnt get around to it myself. A area i love in New York is Pier 17 … theres a small shopping centre there with pubs in it on the waterfront that you can sit out and watch the different boats and water cabs go up and down past brooklyn bridge …

Myself, Jugs and cesc4 recommend the college district around MacDougal and Bleaker - many’s the frat party we gatecrashed down there.

I typed Bar None into google and came across this review :rolleyes:

Went here a little while ago, saw the velvet ropes, heard about the fun NYU scene, etc… DONT BE FOOLED. The place is full of the trashiest people in the city, from the old and fat to the loudest, msot obnoxious ghettto latinos and wannabe ghettto white kids. You’ll look out of place here with anything but Chico, or Phat Farm jeans

Whoever wrote that review is a pussy. They went there, got their ass kicked and ran home scared.

It all depends on what you’re looking for bro.

Also there weren’t any velvet ropes when I was there last. Maybe it’s changed.

were you wearing your hawaian shirt at the time?

Nope. It was November and I was in New York.

Obnoxious, loud, wannabe :lol:

Outstanding work Phil :clap:

Head down to the Concrete Jungle-I read it got good reviews.
The big lights will inspire you.
Enjoy.

I vaguely remember a biker bar called Red Rocks, coyote ugly type dancing on the counter etc. Was a good crack the night we were there.

Go to Jack Dempsey’s - home of the Manhattan Celtic Supporters Club.

1 Like

you sure that isnt actually the Coyote Ugly Bar… as the coyote ugly bar is located downtown somewhere not sure where…
Off the Wagon on MacDougal Street will prob be full as students as those many different drink promotions every night… different things like a bucket of beer for so much, cheap shots, all drinks 3 dollars… also has beer pong tables …
it is part of a chain which also has Off the Wagon up on about 72nd on 2nd or 3rd avenue and the Gin Mill on i think Broadway and bout 90th or so…(high up on theh west side anyway)