New York City

Has Tinnion moved to Buffalo or something?

:lol:

Bump - as Tinnion seems to be back online again.

Sorry Phil, I was traveling for work reasons all last week and the place I was staying did not have internet access. Just about to pop on to a conference call now but I’ll revert to you shortly with some advice. Could you clarify something for me -are you traveling with a girlfriend or equivalent? Or is it with some male friends?

I’m going over to see the brother who lives about a hour away but I know a girl who’ll be in NYC at the same time so will hitting the town with her and maybe one or 2 others on a few different nights.

First thing you should do is not use the phrase “hitting the town” EVER.

Why is that now Flano? Enlighten me with your thoughts.

Unsophisticated hicks hit the town…

Can’t say I ever go to nightclubs here, they’re not really the done thing for people like me if you get my drift. Best areas to go out are:
[list]
[]Meatpacking District
[
]West Village
[]East Village
[
]Lower East Side (LES)
[/list]

I can also recommend the Upper East Side (UES) for some good bars for watching football on a Sunday, the EMUES in particular has some good ones. I’m sure there are better bars out there but some of the bars I tend to frequent are:
[list]
[]13[sup]th[/sup] Step – 2[sup]nd[/sup] Ave between 9[sup]th[/sup] and 10[sup]th[/sup]. Good for Saturday afternoon drinking, entire bar is half price until 8pm (pints $3, pitchers $9), then there’s a power hour from 8 – 9pm (drafts $1, shots $2). Generally gets a good crowd of young people.
[
]Downtown Galway Hooker – 7[sup]th[/sup] Ave between West 10[sup]th[/sup] and Charles. Just a good bar in the West Village.
[]Brass Monkey – Little West 12[sup]th[/sup] and Washington. Brian O’Driscoll’s favorite bar. One of the less pretentious places in the Meatpacking District.
[
]Red Lion – Bleecker and Thompson – good covers bands every night of the week but generally crammed with ugly birds.
[]Fat Baby – Ludlow and Rivington in LES.
[
]PJ Clarkes – 55[sup]th[/sup] and 3[sup]rd[/sup]. For food, not boozing.
[*]Bagatelle – West 13[sup]th[/sup] in the Meatpacking District, it’s like a nightclub for Sunday brunch. You’d have to make a reservation for this a good bit in advance though.
[/list]

Ah sure there’s a load of places. Just keep moving, if you’re in a place and it’s not good go somewhere else. I tend to go move around a good bit on a night out, often hard to remember the names of the places you’ve been. I just like places with cheap booze and a good looking young crowd.

But if I could give you one message it would be to forget nightclubs.

Top man you are Tinnion. Fair play

He’ll be talking about putting on a Ritz next.

One other thing Phil - avoid Irish bars and Times Square. Both are a cancer on the city.

These are shite spots in fairness. The best bar in New York is and always has been the 7b[quote=“briantinnion, post: 455173”]
Can’t say I ever go to nightclubs here, they’re not really the done thing for people like me if you get my drift. Best areas to go out are:
[list]
[]Meatpacking District
[
]West Village
[]East Village
[
]Lower East Side (LES)
[/list]

I can also recommend the Upper East Side (UES) for some good bars for watching football on a Sunday, the EMUES in particular has some good ones. I’m sure there are better bars out there but some of the bars I tend to frequent are:
[list]
[]13[sup]th[/sup] Step – 2[sup]nd[/sup] Ave between 9[sup]th[/sup] and 10[sup]th[/sup]. Good for Saturday afternoon drinking, entire bar is half price until 8pm (pints $3, pitchers $9), then there’s a power hour from 8 – 9pm (drafts $1, shots $2). Generally gets a good crowd of young people.
[
]Downtown Galway Hooker – 7[sup]th[/sup] Ave between West 10[sup]th[/sup] and Charles. Just a good bar in the West Village.
[]Brass Monkey – Little West 12[sup]th[/sup] and Washington. Brian O’Driscoll’s favorite bar. One of the less pretentious places in the Meatpacking District.
[
]Red Lion – Bleecker and Thompson – good covers bands every night of the week but generally crammed with ugly birds.
[]Fat Baby – Ludlow and Rivington in LES.
[
]PJ Clarkes – 55[sup]th[/sup] and 3[sup]rd[/sup]. For food, not boozing.
[*]Bagatelle – West 13[sup]th[/sup] in the Meatpacking District, it’s like a nightclub for Sunday brunch. You’d have to make a reservation for this a good bit in advance though.
[/list]

Ah sure there’s a load of places. Just keep moving, if you’re in a place and it’s not good go somewhere else. I tend to go move around a good bit on a night out, often hard to remember the names of the places you’ve been. I just like places with cheap booze and a good looking young crowd.

But if I could give you one message it would be to forget nightclubs.
[/quote]

I won’t have a bad word said about The 13th Step. I regularly go there on Saturdays to watch the college football. Good birds, good atmosphere, good prices, good staff. My favourite staff member is probably Kerry O’Neill. I love her tattoo.

Regular Joe’s!

That girl’s got integrity.

When I think of the 13th Step I always think of it as the place where Bandage briefly abandoned his beloved Wisconsin Badgers to throw his lot in with the University of Tennessee. However, much like Sally and Kevin Webster will often break up on Coronation Street, we all know they’ll end up together. It’s the same with Bandage and the Badgers and the flirtation with the Vols was only temporary.

Brisket bros

Heading back tomorrow and staying for the weekend. C’maaaaaaannnn!!!

…quite simply, I was in love with New York. I do not mean “love” in any colloquial way, I mean that I was in love with the city, the way you love the first person who ever touches you and you never love anyone quite that way again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHgY_J63Ik

Going home for the weekend tomorrow, no more work to do and starting to feel giddy. There is a strong chance I will get caught up in the Knicks hype and be sporting a Knicks jersey at TFK training on Tuesday morning.

…quite simply, I was in love with New York. I do not mean “love” in any colloquial way, I mean that I was in love with the city, the way you love the first person who ever touches you and you never love anyone quite that way again.

Have a great time, bt.