Next Aston Villa manager

Id say anyone reasonable given the money MON was given at the time would have taken Villa up to 6th. David O’Leary even managed it one season on a shoe string budget. Little and Gregory did aswell. Little won a Cup and took us to 4th and 5th. Villa has been a graveyard for managers in the last 20 years. Only Taylor in his first spell went onto better things with England. Venglos, Atkinson, Little, Gregory, Taylor (mk 2), O’Leary hardly got a decent job again. We can safely add Houllier to that list. MON might get one last chance with someone but unless Sunderland give Bruce the bullet, I cant see any reasonable team taking him on in the EPL. To be honest I think his reputation is dirt in England with his antics at the end of his Villa reign. He should head to Europe. Quinn did say he fucked around Sunderland when they asked him before.

Maybe Im putting too much faith in McClaren’s stint in Holland but it was pretty impressive. I dont believe he is the prick he once was after the England debacle which wasnt as bad as it played out anyway, Russia and Croatia were better sides.

Benitez alright is the percentage choice. Its the perfect job for him really but he seemed to have a real bond with Liverpool like Houllier. Thats what worries me about him.

Tony Mowbray - after all Villa are used to taking Celtic cast offs

Mowbray is doing ok back managing SPL hall of famers at Boro. I’d leave him there. Though the greatest forward in history of the SPL failed there it seems too.

I hear Alan Thompson and Gary Parker former Villa also-rans are picking the team for Lennon these days and saved him from a hiding in Edinburgh. MON sent back former SPL player of the year Maloney to Parkhead. You can have the arthritic Petrov also.

Villa should have learned their lesson after Billy McNeill.

i heard ex villa great mark draper is getting it- he has ambitions to make them a top 9 team

shaun teale has spoken before of managing a top 11 team-would he go for it?

sasa curic has said before he would like to manage a top 7 team- could this be his chance

Realistically TASE Villa will certainly be looking towards a former great with managerial experience to take it on. Somebody like Steve Staunton could fit the bill.

:smiley:

I heard former great Dalian Atkinson is looking to manage the Villans now, i could see him getting it.

What’s your reasoning there? He certainly had issues with getting on with players - he had rows with Diego and Ziani - but Dieter Hoeness went out of his way to blame the players for the poor results in December.

Villa legend Savo Milosevic has been installed as 9/4 fav for the position of Villa Manager. Who would have thunk it

Installing former players with no management experience is the hallmark of small time outfits like the FAI and Glasgow Celtic.

Can’t see it going to anyone but Benitez really.

[quote=“KIB man, post: 594343”]
Installing former players with no management experience is the hallmark of small time outfits like the FAI and Glasgow Celtic.[/quote]

And outfits like Barcelona.

Are the German and Dutch National teams small time outfits?

Can’t remember Kenny Dalglish’s first spell at Liverpool but it must have been a disaster going by KIB’s theory

I think he was a disaster like Paisley before him.

I’m on about small time outfits here lads .

Definition of small time - FAI, Glasgow Celtic

What a beating KIB has taken here.

Some funny shit.

Kev, can you remind yourself to log out in future. I think your girlfriend has logged in as you again. All this funny stuff about beatings and shit should remain private between you two. Cheers mate

No chance now of a Ron Saunders return. He’s passed away, age 87.

Rip