Next Celtic Manager

Lennons’ Celtic are the mere 19 points behind. On January 3rd

Rangers are very average.

A new manager could potentially come in go on a run and make us at least ask the questions but under Lennon we are going to drop loads more points.

1 Like

From my limited viewing of both teams this season, Rangers look a far more cohesive unit playing together to a plan.

Individually no better than Celtic players but definitely playing better team ball.

That is on Lennon & credit to Gerrard

Not so sure. Now there’s nothing at stake I’d expect Lennon to turn over a few fishermen and blacksmiths.

Maybe but that Rangers team are well bang average . They are away to Aberdeen , Motherwell and Hibs this month . I think they will drop at least 2 points in these games .

The remain very beatable by a focussed Celtic team like today .

As I say the question is whether Celtic have the minerals to go on a real run of wins .

Also Rangers will have Europa league football in February .

1 Like

Fancy buying a bridge?

1 Like

Celtic have far better players than Ranger but have a guy who couldn’t coach a pub league team.

1 Like

Well I think they can ask the question of Rangers and this Rangers team have a history of bottling.

But Celtic won’t be asking any questions under Neil Lennon.

1 Like

Consensus lennon needs to go, who should get the job though?

Lennon should never have been given the job in the first place. He may as well see out his contract now.

1 Like

Even that being so the Celtic fixture list is largely easily winnable games . My point is that if Celtic win a lot of what are very winnable largely home games they will put a bit of pressure on the Rangers .

Over to Celtic

I’d give it to Jardim.

Don’t agree why we would retain him now

Let someone come in and get a feel for the squad, where we need to improve, who needs to go, who we need to retain. Ajer and Edouard are running their contracts down now. Maybe a new manager could convince them to stay, maybe the board actually showing some ambition.

I would go with Leonardo Jardim or Luciano Spalletti.

Lennon has lost every game of note this season against any team even borderline competitive. This won’t change. If rangers do lose two or three in quick succession, Lennons’ Celtic will show the belly again.

The compelling reason to get rid was that his team are poorly organised, poorly motivated rabble and the ten in a row was an historic opportunity which will likely never happen again.
The ten in a row is now defunct.
There’s absolutely no pressing rush to get rid of Lennon now. no point paying him for nothing.

if you’ve written off the season it is always better to get the new man in asap, no expectation for the rest of the season. chance to evaluate the players in a competitive game and a full preseason

Next season shmeason 🤷
Sutton reckons they can’t sack Lennon after losing today.

So why keep him there.

Lennon is like cancer in that whatever rot he has in the squad now will only continue to get worse the longer it goes on. We have loss 10IAR but do you really want him there doing any more damage to some of the talented players we have, continuing to lower the standards Rodgers set at the club.

Lennon and his whole backroom team need to go now. But Lawwell is the real problem, we all know Lennon shouldn’t be in the job but Lawwell is the guy who has him there.

I actually agree. I’m just pissed off they didn’t change the manager when it meant something. It feels irrelevant now.