Next Celtic Manager

I would be hoping for Rafa, Eddie Howe or AVB personally. Roy Keane I would also enjoy for the Irish angle.

Martinez struggled to replicate his 13/14 season with Everton in the following two years. He could have been attracted like Rodgers was in 2016 if he was coming straight off that Everton dismissal but he’ll be harder lure away from Belgium.

1 Like

Jesus I dunno the attraction in Eddie Howe, seems like a harmless enough fella. I couldn’t see him lasting up there.

1 Like

Fellas seriously thinking that Martinez will give up a shot at a world cup for games v Hamilton and Motherwell is hillarious.

Ah I don’t want someone that would make sure we could outbattle St Johnstone. We need to move back to a Rodgers style appointment rather than a hammer thrower like Allardyce or someone with no concept of how to play football like Lennon. It’s a wanky term but I think we want someone with a footballing philosophy, based on the fact we’ll have 65%/70% possession in most games. We need someone who can coach football and develop players. I think @starryplough mentioned lately all the young promising players that have left Celtic (or are going to leave Celtic soon like Karamoko Dembélé) before making any impression on the first team. It would be nice to see a manager bringing through some of these lads. Naturally enough, you can’t be a completely hapless/soft/idealist in Scotland like, say, Tony Mowbray. You can play good, progressive football but must have a nice, aggressive edge too. The latter is needed due to the influence of dirty orange bastards on proceedings in the place.

1 Like

You’re too pure for this world mate.
Clogging the shit out of the huns six times a year is good enough for me.

Well Rodgers did that playing football.

Former player
Wide variety of club management experience
International management experience
Managed in a European league
Doing fine job at current club

Big Mick in with a shout?

We ain’t gonna get another Rodgers imho.

Big Mick is a proper footballing man, he wouldn’t walk out on Cardiff to take another gig.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they would be successful with this lad but it would be entertaining

3 Likes

David Martindale

My mole in Utah has been eavesdropping on the boardroom discussions. I’ve been given a name.

I just need @RaymondCrotty to give me the same name before we start opening up numerous betting accounts

we have had enough oirish managers mate

It’s always nice to have a homegrown Irish man at the helm though.

Outside of Roberto Martinez who would be your preference?

ive never heard of him but Ralf Rangnick

I could picture Roy Keane being tactically outwitted by a mechanic that manages a bunch of part timers in a 4th round Scottish Cup tie.

7 Likes

He did a fine job at Hoffenheim anyway. Would you be in favour of prising Stephen Bradley away from Rovers?

A step down for Bradley

Is Paul Lambert an option or has his stock fallen?

David Martindale would outfox him with a Samsung Galaxy S3 from a cell in Barlinnie.

8 Likes