Next Celtic Manager

Mess?

They got complacent, hardly in a rabble.

Same reason as someone like Neil Lennon got the job.

People who are beholden to the board and in turn will be loyal when it comes to making unpopular decisions.

Why is the term “Sporting Director “ used ??

In a complete mess now. There’s half a squad left for next year.

2 Likes

I completely agree. For his sake as much as anything. He was offered the Hibs job before but wanted to stay. I doubt he’d get that job now but there will still be lots of opportunities for him to go and prove himself. But I’m not sure he wants to be a manager. He should still go and coach somewhere else though for experience anyway.

I always say to lads on here they should go off to Boards.ie and build up their posting skills and come back here an improved contributor after their spell away.

9 Likes

No it isn’t. Harkin always struck me as a corporate type with an ill defined resume.
I’d worry about Kennedy as a coach, given the malaise and shambolic organisation evident throughout the first team squad he has been in charge of coaching, as latterly managing this season. As director of football he seems an even odder choice, but there’s one thing you can’t accuse the owners of really, and that is disloyalty to those who appear to have earned their respect.
Eddie obviously hasn’t had too many beating a path to his door.

1 Like

Any lad worth his salt will be suspended from boards within 48 hours, and banned shortly thereafter.
I’d suggest weddings.ie or maybe Mumsnet.

5 Likes

HO-LY-FUCK. Buy the lotto ticket lads, tonight’s the night. @Rocko and @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy agree on something Celtic.

4 Likes

Just an example…watch that clip.

Is something like this Kennedy’s fault though?

Or does it come from the manager?

Apparently Christie has stopped firing these ridiculous long range shots in since Kennedy took interim charge.

Christie looked like a very good prospect under Rodgers but has completely lost his way.

I guess my query is, can the first team coach be blamed for poor pieces of play/organisation if the manager doesn’t really pay attention to these details or look to focus on them?

Rodgers did. Lennon didn’t.

2 Likes

Yes.

Coaches work with and develop players.

Some players will openly state how vital a manager or coach has been in their development and progression.

A shrewd appointment is in the offing.

3 Likes

Tattle Life is where it’s at. The Mrs got banned for taking the wrong side in a blogger war and is back in with a rebranded pseudonym.

4 Likes

Eddie is being promised a huge war chest?

But Kennedy has been there when Christie was good and not doing it, and when he’s been bad and doing it all the time. I’m not saying a training ground coach should be absolved from a player’s or team’s failings but I think his influence can be enhanced under a good manager (Rodgers) and negated under a mediocre one (Lennon). A manager ultimately sets the tone in terms of professionalism, philosophy and so on. Lennon wasn’t big on details, pattern of play, decision making etc - all that type of shit Rodgers was obsessed about. Lennon was one of these…go out and play merchants and our team structure and organisation suffered for it. The likes of Christie then is an example of it on a player specific level. I’ve no doubt that all those bad habits wouldn’t have been allowed to surface under Rodgers’ coaching staff, of which Kennedy was a part of. I don’t know, maybe he wasn’t strong enough to get his points across when Lennon wasn’t that pushed about the message. I’m waffling now.

My life partner has recently taken a “reading only” interest in this site. She was drawn to it by the section where people berate influencers. Poor Faces by Grace gets an awful time of it apparently.

I think Kennedy was just there.

A good coach should develop or improve players.

Certain players might have developed when Kennedy was there because of the setup and the rest of the backroom team, not because of Kennedy. Rodgers brough a lot of his own men in Davies, Toure etc - Kennedy was one that was imposed on him - as he was on Deila and Lennon.

2 Likes

It sounds like an awful place. Most lads on here wouldn’t have the minerals for it.

I remember when Rodgers took over and Reading fans couldn’t wait to see the back of Chris Davies who was assistant there. They hated him and blamed him for all sorts of tactical issues. He was dour and inexpressive on the sidelines. Then he came to Celtic, said “four box two” in an interview and we all thought he was a genius.

It’s impossible really to know how good or bad these guys are. Except nobody will convince me that Gavin Strachan should have a job with Celtic.

1 Like

Hopefully Howe gives Strachan the bullet too.

Shrude

1 Like