Next Celtic Manager

utd GIF

No way we should be waiting until the summer to see if he might join us then

Relax bhoys.

So there you go oh, can’t make a boss out of a howe no

Great news guys, Celtic have found a manager.

deadly

all aboard the Lenny train

2 Likes

Get Howe in this week or rule him out of contention. Enough is enough

1 Like

He’s more qualified now than when they hired him before.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Howe imminent?

All the supposedly in the know types are indicating that’s it’s imminent alright.

I’d like to hear from @RaymondCrotty on it though.

2 Likes

I think Robbie Brady will be among Howe’s first signings.

JOHN KENNEDY is in the frame to become Celtic’s sporting director.

SunSport understands the Hoops want interim boss JK to work closely with top target Eddie Howe who remains on course to become Neil Lennon’s permanent successor this summer.

Manchester City’s Fergal Harkin also remains under consideration for the sporting director role.

It now appears unlikely Bournemouth technical director Richard Hughes will be heading north.

That will be a big blow for Howe, but it’s not thought to be a deal-breaker for a Parkhead switch this summer.

It’s been a month since the ex-Cherries boss met Hoops supremo Dermot Desmond, chief executive Peter Lawwell and his successor Dominic McKay in London.

Celtic fans excited over the prospect of Howe being appointed have started to grow restless over the lack of news.

But he has spent that time speaking to contacts in the game and doing his homework on the Hoops.

Howe, 43, has been quietly planning his backroom staff, with current Bournemouth coaches Stephen Purches and Simon Weatherstone prominent in his thinking.

The identity of those who come in to improve the recruitment department is also vital to Howe’s plans to transform the club.

He’s keen to have key assistants committed to joining him before official confirmation of his move north.

Desmond has promised him substantial transfer resources and full authority over his staff.

It’s expected that Howe will have a £2million-a-year salary.

The board also values Kennedy, 37, who has been at Parkhead since 1998. He went from player to coach, to No 2 and is now stand-in boss.

JK was in the frame to become director of football while Brendan Rodgers was boss in 2019.

Kennedy will stay in charge for the final three games against Rangers, St Johnstone and Hibs.

With a new boss coming in, he had indicated he could decide it’s finally the right moment for him to head elsewhere.

Asked last week if that could be a possibility Kennedy, a one-time Hibs target, confessed: “Yeah, it might.

"But I’m genuinely not stressed about what the future holds for me.”

Now the future looks set to involve a step upstairs and a key role in a new-look football department at Parkhead.

No point having a mole in the boardroom if he isn’t leaking. What’s the latest @RaymondCrotty ?

1 Like

:smile: Kennedy has made some career out of a handful of appearances.

3 Likes

I’m going to incur the wrath of others here but I’ll go ahead anyway.

There’s a chance he’s decent at coaching and/or broader football strategy. He is evidently not a manager. But when the likes of Darren Fletcher and Edwin van der Saar get big backroom jobs at big clubs then maybe he’s not under qualified. At the very least he has experience. Is Fergal Harkin’s experience at Nike all that better a track record than Kennedy coaching for 10 years or whatever in the professional game?

Having said that I don’t think it’s a good choice. His reputation with the support is really poor and he’ll be blamed for everything (rightly or wrongly) if he stays in a high profile role.

Maybe he should go off and prove himself elsewhere first?

It’s jobs for the bhoys.

Ya I mean he COULD be good. Celtic are too big a club and in too big a mess to be trying lads out to see how they get on though. Especially given their model of buy cheap from around the World. I wouldn’t have been overly enthusiastic about anyone coming from Bournemouth either though. Sure they’d a woeful transfer record.
Someone with a bit of experience and a track record would have been more prudent you’d think

1 Like

It appears to me Howe doesn’t want him in his coaching setup and Celtic are looking for a way of sorting Kennedy out with something that doesn’t look like a demotion.

1 Like

Why does he have to stay at all? Does he have dirt on someone?