Next Celtic Manager

Fergal harkin has absolutely fucking nothing on his CV bar wallowing around the well populated bowels of the man city “system”. He looks like a cunt.

despite not knowing who Ange was initially, the good news is that he managed the roar when i was going to their games therefore im an expert on him & how he sets up his teams

9 Likes

And?

All the ESPN Australia and English speaking, Japan based J League correspondent types on Twitter are firing out the hot Ange takes.

I’m on board the Ange train

2 Likes

He sounds wonderful.

2 Likes

The kind of manager Ireland should aspire to once Spock gets the inevitable boot in a few months time.

I reckon the FAI will get their man Phillipe Troussier this time. Vietnam U19 won’t stand in his way

Who was that young Ozzie player at the last World Cup I think that Celtic were linked with but went to Dortmund (I think). Where is he now?

A quick google search tells me I’m probably mixing him up with Arzani.

Amini is the guy but he signed for Dortmund in 2011.

Arzani went to City and done his cruciate didnt he?

Won’t be the Brentford manager, they’re going up to the big league.

1 Like

Delighted for them

2 Likes

While I have issues with his lack of activity in the transfer market , my loyalty to the plate smasher can never be questioned

1 Like

I’m more of a Agre fan than a Celtic supporter, when a manager I have been touting and advocating for becomes the chosen coach for a team you follow it’s an added bonus but I’d walk thru walls for agre and follow him wherever he goes to ply his trade

7 Likes

Bit of an Ange profile from a ridiculously named, Australian based, Celtic supporting, journalist.

i think someone that used to be a face in the den might be the one to ask rather than a newspaper mate

Great, someone else to delay everything and mess us around in the end. Honestly you couldn’t write all this

Shaun Maloney lined up by Celtic as part of summer rebuild

Maloney is preparing for an assault on Euro 2020 with Roberto Martinez but a return to Parkhead potentially awaits him later in the summer.

Keith Jackson

• 22:29, 31 MAY 2021

Celtic are plotting a swoop to snatch Shaun Maloney from Belgium after this summer’s Euros as part of the rebuild which will be fronted up by Aussie boss Ange Postecoglou.

While Postecoglou remains in Japan waiting to be given a green light to fly to Glasgow, Record Sport can reveal former Parkhead striker Maloney has already held initial discussions with outgoing chief executive Peter Lawwell on a possible return to the club after he assists Roberto Martinez at this summer’s tournament.

It’s understood Maloney has been lined up for a key strategic role as part of the club’s restructuring but the 38-year-old is holding off for as long as his close friend Fergal Harkin remains in contention for the position of director of football.

But we understand, while the Irishman is unlikely to land that job, Maloney has been earmarked to play a major role in Celtic’s big shake up.

Maloney has signed a contract with the Belgian FA until after next year’s World Cup in Qatar but, with Martinez now expected to return to club management in time for next season, the former Scotland international is likely to have no lack of options on the table.

Martinez is believed to be among the front runners to take over at Barcelona and the Spaniard would want to take Maloney with him to the Nou Camp.

But Celtic will hope the emotional pull of a return to Glasgow’s East End - coupled with the lure of building a new culture for the club - may convince Maloney to go it alone.

Maloney has asked for time to focus fully on Belgium’s bid to conquer Europe this summer and Record Sport understands Celtic are in no rush to make an appointment behind the scenes while they close in on putting Postecoglou in place as Neil Lennon’s successor.

1 Like

So they’re not appointing Harkins now?

1 Like

Looking like it. And I thought it was Harkin that alerted them to Ange with the City Group link.

Meanwhile its June tomorrow, but we might have Maloney some time in July or August if he decides he can’t get a better offer…just when you think it can’t get any worse, they somehow manage it.

Its like the final continuous kick in the balls from Lawwell, who won’t seem to fuck off either…

2 Likes