Next Celtic Manager

Completely delusional.

I didn’t want him back but was happy with his first season but by God he fucked it up then and he seems to be doing everything in his power since to make things worse. Which is sort of how he acted last time when Deila took over.

There were rumours at the time he joined as a player of Lennon taking a drop in salary. But the opposite was the case. He made it clear he’d need a substantial increase to go to Celtic from Leicester. Which is his right, but the idea of him being a “Celtic man” has always been far fetched. And he won’t be welcomed back in a hurry I don’t think.

3 Likes

Was the story not that Martin o neill showed the Celtic board a hammering from rangers and said if they didn’t t want that to happen again then they’d better sign Neil Lennon …

I think so. MON definitely wanted him. Without getting all “people Rocko knows” about it, a family member was talking to Dermot Desmond at the time who made it clear that Lennon had held out and he knew how much he was wanted so he played it very tough. Not much wrong with it but he was sort of hinting at the opposite in the press that he’d do anything to join etc.

2 Likes

Celtic agree personal terms with Ange Postecoglou with appointment due in next 72 hours…

CELTIC have sealed the deal for Ange Postecoglou to be their new boss.

Hoops chiefs agreed a compensation package with Japanese club Yokohama F Marinos before the weekend.

Ange Postecoglou
Ange Postecoglou

Now SunSport can reveal personal terms with the Aussie-Greek coach have been verbally agreed.

Barring any last-minute hitches the 55-year-old will be officially announced as Neil Lennon’s successor within the next 72 hours.

It brings an end to the club’s agonising search for a new boss which has lasted over 100 days.

Because of strict Covid-19 travel restrictions Postecoglou may NOT arrive in the UK for another few weeks.

Celts chief Dermot Desmond with outgoing CEO Peter Lawwell
Celts chief Dermot Desmond with outgoing CEO Peter Lawwell

Celts have plans in place for a pre-season training camp in Wales ahead of their crucial European qualifiers.

And the likelihood is that their new manager will jet straight there rather than fly into Scotland first.

There are also still red-tape issues to overcome over Postecoglou’s coaching qualifications.

But a high-ranking club source has told SunSport that issue is nothing more than a formality.

It will not stop the deal being rubberstamped in the coming days.

Postecoglou is likely to get a lukewarm reception from fed-up Celtic fans who were expecting a big-name arrival.

Supporters are still fuming negotiations with top target Eddie Howe collapsed at the eleventh hour after weeks of talks.

SunSport was first to break the news that Howe was the club’s No 1 choice.

However, he pulled out of a deal over issues with his backroom staff.

As yet it’s still unclear whether Postecoglou will overhaul the entire Celtic coaching department — or whether John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan could be offered positions.

mccarthy relased by the south london eagles

would be ok on a free if he took a pay cut

Will anyone be willing to match his wages at CP ??

surely his next contract will be lower than at palace

1 Like

Well then the “pay cut” won’t be an issue .

Has he the fitness to merit a good contract. ??. FWIW I think he is a good player and a decent sort

Rodgers was my first choice when he was appointed and same thing now with Postecoglou. Absolutely delighted with these developments.

2 Likes

Gotta give him a chance. Honestly, it’s hard to think how anything could be worse than last season, to take that squad, and leave it in utter disarray was some achievement by all concerned. I’d prefer a complete clear out of coaching staff. That barrel needs a deep clean.

2 Likes

The Great Tarrier Reef will be a phenomenon.

6 Likes

This, Kennedy and Strachan are not in the roles they are in on any sort of merit whatsoever.

A real sign of the times but I’m a bit nervous when I see a manager who’s over weight…

1 Like

So what’s going to be the quick snappy name so we’ll know who you’re on about?
Angie seems a bit fluffy…

“The Irish Post”.

The Great Tarrier Reef is absolutely fine with me.

cc @Rocko

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Wonder are the Greek’s formations orthodox?

3 Likes

My big fat Greek manager

5 Likes

He will sign Mousaka Dembele

2 Likes