Next Celtic Manager

If it was so “inspired “ a choice why is he second choice to a relegated EPL manager ,? Ange might prove to be a good manager but hardly an inspired choice .

That said the hipsters will laud it for now .

1 Like

Well he can’t have been talking about Ange.
I have a feeling he’s a j league mourinho.

1 Like

The fella that used to present soccer am?

He’s a pure shot in the dark. He’s qualified teams for two World Cups and managed at one of them, walking away after qualification for 2018, so he has to know what he’s doing somewhat and also has to be pretty intolerant of bullshit to walk away like that, but the culture gap from far flung international football to UK club football is about as big as you can jump. At best you can compare it Swansea’s gamble on Bob Bradley. But there was a guy before who came from the J League and did alright in Britain.

Incidentally I came across this guy when I was doing some research on Japanese club football managers over the years, what a name!

Who did Oz have to best to qualify those times ??

I have a vague recollection, possibly incorrect, that they switched to the Asian Federation for their own development and harder games. Instead of playing Cook Islands and New Zealand.

Edit: Winning the Asian Cup in 2015 is a good achievement. As has been said, he rebuilt the Aussie team post Kewell, Viduka, Schwarzer etc and got them playing good stuff with lesser quality players.

1 Like

Jordan, Oman and Iraq for 2014, they finished third in the Asian group behind Japan and Saudi Arabia for 2018 but beat Syria and Honduras in play offs to qualify.

Wim Jansen came from the J League didn’t he?

He did but he managed clubs in Holland previous .

A kind of an Australian Spock?

4 Likes

The Australian Allerdyce.
TAA if you like.

Sam Allardidgeridoo

2 Likes

It was also for their own benefit too though as they avoided the snake pit of a play-off against the 6th placed team from South-America. Think they beat Uruguay on pens to qualify for the 2006 World Cup. Easier qualify through the Asian route at that time.

1 Like

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-blasts-celtic-fans-24254543

It was definitely a situation like no other. You’re going for the tenth title in a row and that was an obsession for the fans, an unhealthy obsession I felt.

A few posters here were guilty of this.

1 Like

Seriously worried Ange will be for the off and we will appoint some cheap rate journeyman manager into the job in his place.

This worry is compounded by the fact that Cancer Lawwell is back in the building and looking to resume grifting.

1 Like

Neil Lennon is the proven option.

The experienced Brendan Rodgers might respond to an emergency call.
There’s pucks of options, Viera, Big Sam, a plethora of hipster Europeans.

Martin O’Neill or Big Mick the obvious choices

Stevie G has already conquered all Jocko worlds but us looking for work right now

:scream:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ange-postecoglou-tottenham-announced-next-30128543

Lawwell will probably push for Kennedy.

1 Like