Next Celtic Manager

Very unedifying carry on from the Glasgow Celtic support. Neil Lennon has presided over an era of success that hasn’t been seen since the days of Jock Stein over half a century ago. A bit of a mini dip and a few bad results and they’re screaming for his head.

It’s only right and proper that Neil Lennon should get the opportunity to complete last season’s treble in the delayed Cup Final on 20 December against Hearts, even though he’s fucking us over completely in the League, Europe and League Cup this season. A retrospective quadruple treble would be an amazing achievement, but he could then be promptly sacked for the appalling performances this season. The symmetry would be neat with Lawwell having offered him the job permanently in the Hampden Park dressing room after the 2019 Cup Final win against Hearts.

Up until today I still backed him and thought he could turn it around. He lost whatever little bit of support there was left for him after that sadly. Time to start again and leave with your name still intact somewhat

I can’t understand how anyone has any interest in that tin pot league. It’s a themuns and usuns league.

2 Likes

The club trying to frame it as a massive overreaction to losing the first cup game in 35 matches after winning 11 successive domestic trophies.

But it’s being dumped out of Champions League early round qualifiers to lower seeded team (earliest exit in 15 years)

Dumped out of Europa League after 4 group games despite being top seeds.

11 points behind in league (5 if games in hand are won), including losing at home to huns without having a shot on goal

Getting knocked out of League Cup at home to Ross County.

It’s the fact that performances have been terrible for months now.

1 Like

I called this from a mile back. Lennon poisoned the morale the squad by picking his favourites irrespective of form. The performances have by and large been dire for over 12 months now and only for the form of Edouard, this would have came to a head a lot, lot sooner.

He’s a poor manager who never should have got the job but Lawwell is the big problem and has been for some time. If Celtic lose the ten this season then I think you’ll have scenes like last night to get Lawwell out.

1 Like

Even the Lawell stooks like @Rocko have turned on Lemon

3 Likes

My God, you had incredible patience @starryplough

Was just reading up on it there. Sickening scenes and appalling criminality in the middle of a global pandemic. And all because Glasgow Celtic’s run of winning 11 consecutive domestic trophies ( or whatever it is) came to an end. Did they think they were going to keep winning forever?

Disappointing that none of the forums Glasgow Celtic fans have seen fit to condemn these attacks on the Members of Her Majesty’s Strathclyde Police
Regiment.

First time Celtic have lost 4 home games in a row since 1958. :anguished:

1 Like

Gobshite.

What was that comment Babs made about the Offaly hurlers?
Some random animals were mentioned iirc.

Sheep in a heap

It was blind faith no doubt, but he had built up an enormous amount of goodwill from his years at the club. Yesterday killed that off though. I’d just rather he let while his legacy remains somewhat intact

Growing chat that Gordon Strachan might be appointed as manager until the end of the season. Could promote his son from coach to assistant manager. Imagine Strachan talking about someone “being a right good team mate” after they played shit and the team lost.

Can we just concede the league now rather than giving the reigns to the poison dwarf?

1 Like
  • Big Sam
  • Bradley
  • Spaletti
1 Like