Next Everton Manager

[quote=“Sidney, post: 770118, member: 183”]David Moyes all-time Everton XI

Howard
Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Baines
Osman, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar
Fellaini
Rooney[/quote]

Hibbert?? Fuck off. Phil Neville should be in there.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 770118, member: 183”]David Moyes all-time Everton XI

Howard
Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Baines
Osman, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar
Fellaini
Rooney[/quote]

No room for David Weir?

Porto manager, Vitor Pereira, is the frame*

*Idle internet chat.

Don’t know if Lennon would handle the step up to a club of Everton’s calibre given his lack of ‘big club’ experience.

I see Lennon is the strong favourite with the bookies for this. Fantastic news, Lennon is a small-minded and negative manager and he’s better suited to some trophy-less side in England. I also note that he hasn’t came out and dismissed interest which is similarly excellent news. I just hope Everton are genuine in their intentions to take him and Hooper follows him down to Liverpool.

Lennon brought Celtic from the farce of the Mowbray era to beating Barcelona, three excellent away Champions League victories and qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League on a shoestring. If he goes it will be a very, very bad day for the club, firstly as Celtic will be losing a brilliant young manager, and secondly because it will mark the official transition from being a big club into merely an English Premier League feeder club. Why will any good players Celtic have want to stay if they see the manager walking away?

If Lennon does go, at least part of it as far as I’m concerned will be down to the lack of any serious domestic opposition, ie the absence of Rangers from the SPL. As I said when they were demoted to Division 3, be careful what you wish for.

The Rangers were not demoted,Sid,they applied for and were granted a temporary licence.

Just saying like.

[quote=“manusboyle, post: 770595, member: 108”]The Rangers were not demoted,Sid,they applied for and were granted a temporary licence.

Just saying like.[/quote]
Correction noted.

The Everton job will be given to a British manager, ruling Lennon out.

I hope your right about Lennon choco but I reckon it will be laudrup…a lot of talk about pereira.

Danny McGrain has insisted today that Lennon will be going nowhere. “Neil is looking forward to managing in the Champions League again. Everton aren’t in the Champions League.”

[quote=“Sidney, post: 770584, member: 183”]Lennon brought Celtic from the farce of the Mowbray era to beating Barcelona, three excellent away Champions League victories and qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League on a shoestring. If he goes it will be a very, very bad day for the club, firstly as Celtic will be losing a brilliant young manager, and secondly because it will mark the official transition from being a big club into merely an English Premier League feeder club. Why will any good players Celtic have want to stay if they see the manager walking away?

If Lennon does go, at least part of it as far as I’m concerned will be down to the lack of any serious domestic opposition, ie the absence of Rangers from the SPL. As I said when they were demoted to Division 3, be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

He bottled a title against the huns in his first full season and his record at Hampden Park is embarrassing. He presided over an embarrassing exit at the hands of Utrecht in the Europa League in his first full season and we were only reinstated to the Europa League last year from an appeal after being knocking out by Sion. His saving grace has been the CL this year, everything else about his tenure speaks abject failure, he has a very good squad at his disposal yet the football has been bland and insipid thanks to a closed shop in terms of team selections.

You don’t see a progression over the three seasons, no?

He has a very good squad at his disposal? Who signed them?

[quote=“Sidney, post: 770622, member: 183”]You don’t see a progression over the three seasons, no?

He has a very good squad at his disposal? Who signed them?[/quote]

John Park and Peter Lawwell.

Of course, Lennon had nothing to with it. He’s only the manager, like.

Utrecht had a squad more or less the equal of ours. Sion blatantly cheated. Our performances in the EL last year were very encouraging and suggested progress. That was borne out by this year’s CL campaign where we finished ahead of one team who are better than us, with significantly more resources, and another team who are consistently very good and are now in the EL final. That’s before you even address the win over Barca, and indeed the excellent away performance against them.

The domestic football has been sluggish at times and some players have been disappointing against lesser opposition. But this was, on the whole, a very successful season and the club has been saved from plummeting to European non entities, which was a real danger. The CL is our lifeblood, not just in revenue terms but in attracting players. Last season will have done wonders to attracting and holding onto players.

Having read Tottis musings here and on the various threads I’ve arrived at the conclusion that he’ll never rate a manager until they’ve left a club he has a passing interest in. He heralds new managerial appointments until about 2 months into their season and spends the rest of their tenure giving out about them.

When the cycle repeats itself he then finally realises that the manager he previously hated was actually not that bad.

[quote=“Mac, post: 770633, member: 109”]Having read Tottis musings here and on the various threads I’ve arrived at the conclusion that he’ll never rate a manager until they’ve left a club he has a passing interest in. He heralds new managerial appointments until about 2 months into their season and spends the rest of their tenure giving out about them.

When the cycle repeats itself he then finally realises that the manager he previously hated was actually not that bad.[/quote]

Zeman is the exception to this. He was hapless come the end of his spell with Roma having lost the dressing room and board but Totti still supported him despite the abject failure on the pitch

lennon is a fud.

What is a fud, pal? and why is Neil Lennon one?