Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Seeya Steo

Following a board meeting this evening, the FAI can confirm that Stephen Kenny will not continue in his role as manager of the senior men’s national team

“The Board and all at the FAI would like to sincerely thank Stephen and his staff for their hard work, professionalism and unwavering dedication to the team, the fans, and to Irish football. We wish Stephen every success for the future…”

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fai-board-statement-stephen-kenny

1 Like

Chris Coleman hasn’t been mentioned here too often but wouldn’t be a bad option.

Wouldnt be a good one either

Wonder would Keano be worth a punt?

You’d get him at the right cheese and it wouldnt interfere with his punditry,Id imagine.

2 Likes

A man who managed in the Premier League, La Liga and took Wales to a Euros semi-final. He also managed to bag Charlotte Jackson. That James McClean inflicted defeat in 2017 and the Sunderland Till I Die series might stand against him.

No. Too divisive. The last thing you want right now. His brand is mud.

Apparently lee carsley laughed at the suggestion

Source for this?

Keane is a terrible manager and a hypocrite. Tearing into young lads while he was borderline unmanageable himself as a player.

1 Like

Alex McLeish or bust.

Big Sam is the man

Be box office all the same.Dont think we will find a Jack too easy but sure stranger things have happened.

I wouldn’t say no to Neil warnock

1 Like

We don’t need box office. We need a man with a bit of charisma who can handle the media and knows how to get a team boxing above their level, instill a team spirit, make us solid and hard to beat and have us with a solid attacking game aiming to get the best out of Ferguson.

We don’t need a keane. We don’t need anyone with ‘corkishness’

He wouldnt be around them for long periods like a club manager would.Thats a plus in my book for obvious reasons.
He did win the championship with Sunderland a few years back.Alot of games and motorway miles in that division in fairness to him.
Hes marmite unfortunately.

Give it Big Phillipe Troussier

1 Like

Billy Walsh

I believe Vera’s free……

Not a mad suggestion and I like him.
Hes fairly auld,isnt he? He has a good way about him.

Noel King never got the proper run he deserved.