Next Republic of Ireland Manager

He did well enough at Fulham from memory?

Tanked completely at Sunderland post Wales.

Coleman would be an awful choice. He had an exceptional Welsh team carried by Bale. His record with average teams is awful.

He’s also an absolute creep

1 Like

Coleman’s auld boy is from Dublin. He also likes a drink. Wales are bang average. Chris is good for me :+1:

2 Likes

He came across a bit David brentish in the Sunderland documentary iirc

Wales were an extremely average team.

If you’re reaching a Euros semi-final with Wayne Hennessy, James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Chris Gunther, Joe Ledley, Neil Taylor, Hal Robson-Kanu and Sam Vokes, you’re probably a genius.

1 Like

As former poster @Sidney described, international football is about a basic game plan and wringing the last drop out of that game plan by playing like a band of brothers. It requires a manager who is emotionally in tune with his players.

Jack Charlton understood that. Chris Coleman - or Christy Coleman as he would called if he gets the job - understands that.

It’s Chris lads. Let’s all row in behind him.

https://twitter.com/independent_ie/status/1759291328335122875?s=46&t=p07OIoicsFZzAmuJzZHHNQ

He had 1 good player,was there another Welsh team we haven’t heard about?

He made disgraceful comments about seamus Coleman.

He must have been 14 when he managed Fulham in the epl.

1 Like

Aaron Ramsey was very good at the time too and Joe Allen was a handy player who’d just played in a Europa League Final. Ashley Williams was playing for a reasonable Everton team at the time too.

:scream:

A jesus desperate

I remembered when a photo of Pat Dolan eating a burger in Burger King shut the site down for a weekend and decided it’d be better to delete it

Coleman has the CV, the bloodlines and the divilment for the role. I’m excited

1 Like

I’d have preferred Lennon over Coleman

For the piss ups anyway.
Coleman has sauve.

Coleman has the style. He’s got that shock of dark hair. He’s got penetrating eyes. He’s got that “look”. He comes across as a good man, with an underbelly of seediness to him. Tom Jones meets Alex Higgins. He’s got the element of being a throwback to a bygone age of football which all successful Irish teams require. He’s like a football equivalent of a flamboyant, corrupt left wing French presidential candidate, except with that rich Welsh accent that you’d run through a glass door for.

Neil Lennon might have been a better appointment but I’m board with Coleman if he’s appointed.

2 Likes

Coleman is tall, a man’s man. He breaths confidence. I’d say he smells good too.

3 Likes

Tis all the one, our lord wouldn’t make a decent team from the rabble thats there at the mo.

Thanks for the expansion.
You see things differently to most people and thats fabulous.