Next Republic of Ireland Manager

:scream:

A jesus desperate

I remembered when a photo of Pat Dolan eating a burger in Burger King shut the site down for a weekend and decided it’d be better to delete it

Coleman has the CV, the bloodlines and the divilment for the role. I’m excited

1 Like

I’d have preferred Lennon over Coleman

For the piss ups anyway.
Coleman has sauve.

Coleman has the style. He’s got that shock of dark hair. He’s got penetrating eyes. He’s got that “look”. He comes across as a good man, with an underbelly of seediness to him. Tom Jones meets Alex Higgins. He’s got the element of being a throwback to a bygone age of football which all successful Irish teams require. He’s like a football equivalent of a flamboyant, corrupt left wing French presidential candidate, except with that rich Welsh accent that you’d run through a glass door for.

Neil Lennon might have been a better appointment but I’m board with Coleman if he’s appointed.

2 Likes

Coleman is tall, a man’s man. He breaths confidence. I’d say he smells good too.

3 Likes

Tis all the one, our lord wouldn’t make a decent team from the rabble thats there at the mo.

Thanks for the expansion.
You see things differently to most people and thats fabulous.

Most people see things in the same way as me

Theyre not able to verbalise it tho,Agreed?

The Quickly Kevin Chris Coleman episode - also available on iTunes. Worth a listen but while he seems a very decent man like Gareth Southgate, you’d wonder if his success with the welsh team was intrinsically linked to his welshness. I’m unsure about this and were we going outside the gene pool, I’d have gone for Big Sam

1 Like

You’d have to admire a man who goes home to Charlotte Jackson every evening. He’ll instantly have the respect of players who watched Sky Sports News circa 2011/12.

3 Likes

A bizarre response to being called a prick .

A grand wee couple

Wales managers need to be Welsh. Ireland managers need to be from outside Ireland, well, outside the 26 counties at any rate.

Accents. Voices. It still matters.

Chris Coleman’s voice versus Stephen Kenny’s voice?

Chris Coleman could croon for Wales. He could sing Land Of Our Fathers at the Millennium Stadium before a Six Nations game versus England. Stephen Kenny had the voice of the little inoffensive fella drinking on his own down the end of the bar who tries to talk to you when your drinking partner is off in the jacks, who you can’t hear through the din at the third time of asking and just smile and nod “yeah” at.

4 Likes

I’d be quite happy with Chris Coleman too. He’s the type of character that Richard Keys would be fond of, I’d say. A proper football man. I think the Off The Ball on Newstalk, Kenny’s Kids, YBIG types are clamouring for Carsley but, then again, they were cheerleading Stephen Kenny right up to the end. Is Coleman’s nickname Choccy or something or was that Brian McClair?

4 Likes

Brian McClair was Choccy. I always thought it was Chalky or at least should have been because he apparently had aspirations to be a teacher and was considered one of these intellectual freaks in 1980s football because he could read a book, which meant he was an obvious poof. But it was generally written in Shoot/Match as Choccy.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/killianm2/status/1759346048160456939?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like