Next Republic of Ireland Manager

They’ve disgraced themselves tying in the mason greenwood stuff.

Southgate got asked the same question and gave the same answer.

There an absolute disgrace.

I saw the St Joseph’s side at 12.55pm today strolling in a group in their club tracksuit pants and polo shirts. They were holding their takeaway cups and walking towards the Ferryman pub/Macken Street junction by the Samuel Beckett Bridge. I surmised they stayed in The Clayton around the corner last night & would soon have been heading to the airport.

1 Like

Sent home with tae in their (takeaway) mugs

5 Likes

Just goes to show pub teams are better than the farmers league

1 Like

https://x.com/offtheball/status/1811335874942247113

The 51 will be wedged when Heimir regales us with tales of why Ryan Manning isn’t starting LB.

3 Likes

All vibes

https://x.com/rtenews/status/1812889422553043359?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

1 Like

'Do you like Irish music? Do you like U2?" Oh sweet Jesus Christ.

I really like this guy. He’ll deliver us to the World Cup in 2026.

2 Likes

It’s going to happen.

2 Likes

OTB lads now want us to be more difficult to beat and not play out from the back any more

3 Likes

Oh good

That was very funny, a real road to Damascus moment for Molloy when he realised that being difficult to play against and subsequently get results is actually important in international football.

13 Likes

Is he a courier?

The OTB lads only crime?

They dared to dream. :grinning:

1 Like

I actually don’t like this narrative at all.

I have no issue with playing out from the back or playing ‘progressive’ football.

What I don’t agree with is that Kenny had us playing progressive football. By and large, we played pedestrian, safe football that wasn’t good to watch at all. Calling that “good” football is one of the biggest lies peddled by the media in recent years.

And we 100% should not now resort to just lumping the ball forward to a big centre-forward; we have to be able to be able to play different ways against the different types of teams that we come up against (we should not be setting up the same way against Gibraltar as against France).

You have to be able to break teams down.

10 Likes

The same lads lauding this safe play in soccer would be slating it in Gaelic

“Slow” is the operative word for the football Ireland played under Kenny. There was no pace in the play at all. It was ponderous and lethargic. We did not put teams under pressure. We stood off them. We did not make teams uncomfortable. Our periods of “pressure” were powder puff and generally in the first ten minutes of matches. Then they would peter out harmlessly and we would get weaker from there.

The ten minutes or so before Ireland scored against England at Wembley in March 1991 should be the model for what any Ireland team - ever - wants to achieve. We fucking battered England into submission. It was relentless and there was no way that period of pressure ended without an Ireland goal.

4 Likes

We have to be harder to play against. Greece could have played another match after their trip to Dublin.

It’s not an either or. You can be direct and physical whilst playing good football. But passing it around for the sake of it, when you don’t have the players for it, as Kenny did, was the worst of both worlds

2 Likes

I actually thought we played ‘good stuff’ a lot of the time. I go to every home match and i enjoyed seeing us trying to keep the ball rather than full backs lumping it. So sue me :person_shrugging:
Results were obviously horrible though and it was complete shite to watch by the end too.

Has O Shea agreed to be yer mans assistant?