Niall Breslin - Carrying the hopes of a nation

I slipped into a Blizzards after-party in Dublin one night and got free drink for the night. He can say what he wants after that.

[QUOTE=“Raymond Crotty, post: 1054824, member: 25”]
As an aside I know Marian Finucane gets a lot of criticism here but she is unparalleled in how she deals with topic of mental health. She listens very well and has facilitated some superb discussions.[/QUOTE]

I think she’s into it a bit too much and would question her listening on it

http://www.dailyedge.ie/marian-keyes-marian-finucane-1778258-Nov2014/

I’m sure Bressie being touched will be his next crusade.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1054844, member: 289”]I think she’s into it a bit too much and would question her listening on it

http://www.dailyedge.ie/marian-keyes-marian-finucane-1778258-Nov2014/[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

Let me go back to what you were saying about feeling irresistibly suicidal.

:smiley:

I’d edge towards agreeing with @Keith Houchen on Niall Breslin. He’s become relatively famous in Ireland mainly via reality TV shows aimed at simpletons. Strikes me as someone who’s enjoying the increased attention and profile and who’s happy to comment on anything that will get him further coverage in newspapers or on TV. He’s possibly not being totally cynical on this topic but it doesn’t harm the brand, I guess. I saw him on The Saturday Night Show a while back talking about depression and it was all very simplistic stuff. He seemed to be more referring to his time as a moody teenager than any serious depression.

1 Like

I don’t think he ever claimed to suffer from depression in its simplest terms

He didn’t really know what he was suffering from judging by the interview I saw.

And nor do many people who have mental health difficulties. Binary diagnosis often way too simplistic. Depression (without being preceded by something like anxiety or obsessive thoughts) is relatively uncommon. Too much of debate centers on labelling people in my view.

Panic attacks are his affliction

But it made for really shit television because of that.

They’re surely the symptom though. General anxiety disorder was what I thought he said he had

Aye, well that’s wot I meant

GAD

the medicalisation of life continues

As Syndrome said in The Incredibles “When everyone is super then no one is.”

1 Like

Have to agree with this TUM.

@Raymond Crotty - can you answer this please?

Please lock this disgusting thread.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1054986, member: 2272”]GAD

As Syndrome said in The Incredibles “When everyone is super then no one is.”[/QUOTE]

John Gregory likes this.

Fuck up.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1054986, member: 2272”]GAD

As Syndrome said in The Incredibles “When everyone is super then no one is.”[/QUOTE]

I think you may have a point to some extent here but please tease it out.

Admins- please lock this horrible, bitter thread.