Niall Breslin - Carrying the hopes of a nation

:laughing:

While mindfulness is clearly a buzzword, I like the idea of it and it helps me with anxiety.

But a Masters in it is clearly ridiculous.

I thought them intricate colouring books solved the mindfulness thing,

Yep. They’ll throw out qualifications to any cunt these days.

1 Like

Whenever during the Presidential debates yer one Freeman started talking about wellness programmes for homeless people, that was just it, Ireland is finished.

Did this really happen? That’s nuts

Wellness would be the theme of her presidency and started talking about all the people who would benefit - think about wellness for homeless people!

Funnily enough, it doesn’t say what Fetac level the courses are or who accredits them.

:smiley:

Someone define for me the difference between mindfulness and the ancient art of thinking.

In bressie’s case, about €1000 an hour.

5 Likes

Sure you need to set aside time to think these days. I set aside the 5.30am to 6am slot.

1 Like

Is that time carved out for being mindful or for thinking?

Do you need to set aside time for being mindful or can that be done on the fly?

Or universities will invent any auld shite course now to get in the money.

What do you think about bro?

Mindfulness is a very misleading title.

It really means mindlessness - switching off from the mind by focusing on something else, usually breathing.

It is anti-thinking.

:smile:

:smile: :smile:

1 Like

Sucking boobs

1 Like

I have the 5th years in our place doing an eight week mindfulness course. They do 40 mins a week. As @farmerinthecity said, its all about helping them to learn to switch off from anxieties/stresses. Feedback from the lads has been very good. The instructor is currently doing a masters in mindfulness.

2 Likes

And they wonder why it’s the way it’s gone.

1 Like

It you were working with kids everyday, you would see the necessity of mindfulness. If a course like mindfulness helps only a handful of kids, it is money well spent. Life is tough.

2 Likes