Niall Breslin - Carrying the hopes of a nation

If done properly and if they engage - no.

1 Like

Unrealistic expectations is the biggest driver of this. The INTERNET has given a window into everyone elses the grass is greener life. Parents then telling their kids how uniquely special they are and that they can have their hearts desires leads to disappointment, anxiety, depression, wow is me. Guess what, if you’re fat and not genetically athletic you probably won’t run 5k under 25mins. If you are not attractive or are a ginger cunt you prob won’t have a supermodel girlfriend. You may not become a millionaire with an underground swimming pool, etc etc. Our generation didn’t have parents presenting this myth of the you are entitled to the world. And now everyone is a little bit sad.
The guardian had a great article last week which gives an insight to this thinking - they were actually decrying the premise of a meritocracy. They thought that the ability to work hard, any talents, whether from nature or nuture should not be rewarded any further. That actually the work shy, lazy, people who are naturally dumb should instead be compenstated even more. Like a reverse darwinism. This is what you are dealing with. (Not referencing people with disabilities here, mental or physical, just the general plebs in society)

1 Like

He’s a con-man?

Yes it does. It makes them think they are even more special.
Children need to learn that they are not special, or, like my uncle says, no matter how fast you’re driving down the motorway, there’ll always be some cunt behind you flashing at you to get out of the way.
Teach kids that there’s always someone better, better looking, richer, more talented, in fact there are plenty, but that graft will get you most things.

1 Like

No. In fact one of main things with mindfulness is that it acknowledges the inescapable fact of the difficulty of life.

It focuses on trying to manage the horrible feelings that go with that. Nothing about being ‘special’. It is an education - just like anything else. In fact it is more important.

Flatty, these lads are 16/17 , the horse has bolted.

1 Like

It shouldn’t need a six week masters course to teach them that. Kids need to know that life can be tough, and, as the richest man I know ways, basically a series of doing things you don’t really want to do, but, that you have their back.
That’s the job of a parent, not a masters course.

I wasn’t talking about a Masters course. I was talking about some education for kids in coping skills.

1 Like

Modern day parenting is a big issue for modern society.
Parents treating childeren like accessories and as items. Society is now made up of all these very very needy people who have to have rhe best, parents wanting the best child on the street with the best stuff and the best haircut and the best clothes and the best grades in the best schools coming home to the best dog before going out again in the best car to the sports club where their child is the best while they sit in the car on Twitter where rhey have the moist followers. It must be an absolute cunt to be a child of these self obsessed assholes.
Look at the parenting thread here its a fucking bomb site full of cunts obsessed with themselves.

14 Likes

Parents do fuck all parenting these days. Both too busy staring at a screen for ten hours a day in the hope they’ll get to add the word “executive” to their email signature and get a slight pay bump so they can then pay someone else to raise their kids Mon-Fri. Then they wonder why the kids aren’t coping well with life

1 Like

A Tour de France of a post. And now you mention it I’ve had a good idea for boosting my social media statistics. I’m going to take a picture of my 3-month old wearing a poppy.

6 Likes

Then blame their kid’s teacher because the young lad they talk to for maybe 30 mins a day is a dumb fuck.

Executive has actually done a flip and is now used to describe the lowest ranking jobs.

Where do you want to be at now, director?

what a post. Stunning in its delivery

Same with Vice-President.

Vice-President Marketing is some gimp who updates the company Facebook page.

I’ve just heard the story there… But It wasn’t Bressie, it was Jeffrey.

I’m the Executive Vice-President of IT

1 Like

I was talking about lads doing a course to be mindful enough to teach mindfulness

Wearing off you hopefully.