Nothing says Cork like

Therell be fuck all traffic today

As long as ye win you dont feel it. Paul St is a good hour walk FFS

Lovely morning spent at Fota. A great place to bring kids.

4 Likes

You might but its busy there all the time now with people walking down to Blackrock castle

Is Cork the food capital of Ireland? …yes.

A fucking belter of a Cark post!

3 Likes

You know well what I meant,
Shameless likebait,

Not at all mate. You dont even realise ye do it. Thats part of it’s beauty. One of the great irish stereo types. Up there with crazy donegal folk, intelligent and humourous Dubs, chippy Nordies, cute whuuuure Kerry folk, creepy Wexicans and Mayo bottlers.

2 Likes

Cork is a fantastic county. City and county. Has everything you want. A big enough city that there’s enough going on, though it has a bit too many unoccupied buildings in the city. I remember they had loads of good musical instrument shops, not many left, but that’s not exclusive to Cork.
West Cork is lovely too.

2 Likes

Agreed. People are lovely too. You’d knock a bit of craic out of cork folk.

1 Like

They have to slight whiff of arrogance and “oddballness” about them that is admirable.

2 Likes

There was absolutely nothing of what you consider typical ‘Corkness’ in that post, nothing at all. Save it for when it’s warranted and don’t go looking for handy likes.
There was at least 5 international players on Keanes Rockmount team of which he was the least regarded.
And in the context of Jack Byrne v Glenn Whelan it was perfectly apt.
The best players aren’t always the BEST players. Sure Jack Byrne can probably do things that N’golo Kante could only dream about. I can only cite examples I know of

@Corksfinedtboy you seem like a lad who could answer this - how come you never really hear of gangland fueds with the Carkies ? Dublin and Limerick have plenty of theirs , even Drogheda… it’s not as if the city doesn’t have enough shit hole estates for things to escalate … I remember hearing of two families who were feuding in the 90s …Cunions or something like that was name of one … but generally it seems quiet on the drugs turf war front in the city …

1 Like

It’s only between the merchant classes

1 Like

Crinnions and Flynns were sorted by republicans
Kieran Flynn executed by the real ra
Bro in law executed by unknown

Only grouping resembling a criminal gang in cork atm
Are 2 branches of drug dealing travellers
Main dealers keep away from anything dangerous
And despite media hype etc 32 county sovereignty made life v uncomfortable in the city for any criminal organisation dealing in drugs
This obviously doesn’t stop some hungry whures

Incidentally a well known druggie also shot dead in Carrigaline in recent years
Republicans and druggies linked
Look up corks unsolved murders ref shootings
It’ll give u a small insight
PS Topper Staunton was also taken out by the real ra in Wilton

4 Likes

Michael ( Mickey) Crinnion

Relations of his were dealing in the Barrack street area until a few months ago
Utter scum
Mickeys dad was a decent man worked alongside my dad in Dunlops don’t know how he sired that animal

4 Likes

2 Likes

It’s that time of year

1 Like

Poor bastard

grim to say the least

Green areas to be turned into parking bays as Cork neighbours battle for parking spaces (irishexaminer.com)

1 Like