Nothing says Cork like

Hold on, who was high on cocaine? Neil or Joe?

2 Likes

Nothing says Cork like a dopey head up his hole member of the judiciary

1 Like

A cork woman is being interviewed by Brendan o Connor at the moment. She was talking about being from cork and said ā€˜not everyone was born as lucky as meā€™. Thatā€™s Corkness.

4 Likes

Being from Cork is a state of mindā€¦

1 Like

And continually stating that state of mind.

I was amazed to find that it was an actual thing when I moved down here. I thought it was just a slaggy type urban myth thing, but they genuinely think like that and are open about it.

I was in turners cross one time at a republic of Ireland vs Portugal u21 soccer match and the shed end started singing ā€œweā€™re from Cork and weā€™re better than youā€ in English accents too.

I donā€™t know if this was directed at the 4 Portuguese lads in the crowd or the english and Dublin lads who were representing Ireland

2 Likes

I find it really weird. Clonakilty is the worst place for it altogether. Another level of corkwankery altogether out there.

I was made captain of a soccer club down here one year and the boys revolted because not only was I not from the area, I wasnt even from Cork like

5 Likes

Youā€™re never, ever accepted down here, ever. Once you accept that then itā€™s a great place to live

4 Likes

Iā€™ve made peace with it.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s so right :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

No choice

No way?

Must be a norrie outfit

Dublin bolloxes obviously

Itā€™s gasā€¦they talk like itā€™s a given and something known and accepted the world over. They might as well be talking to the wall when they start at it with meā€¦Iā€™ll always point out some where or something better than their beloved Carkā€¦ Being shit at hurling must ate them up. Tho theyā€™re coming again with their underage.

2 Likes

I dont know lads. Iā€™m from Tipp and I seem to have no such problems. Theyā€™d really take you under their wing. I guess that comes with the territory of Tipp and Cork hurling tradition and the mutual respect built up over a century. You cant bate tradition.

3 Likes

theyā€™d be laughing at you when you go the jacks in the pub after plamaising you

1 Like

:ok_hand:tradition