Nothing says Cork like

Nobody ever ordered a burger from there

Corkā€™s answer to Katzā€™s Deli.

Wagons are circling. Carkies will tell you the only thing you can order is a pita, otherwise it doesnt count

Order what you want, those Carkies are always at ya :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A good few years ago the club ran a bus down to a Munster Championship match in Cork. We went to Nemo of course as the then chairman was a Cark man.

After the match and few pints later he said heā€™d bring us to the best chipper in Cork. It was in the middle of a housing estate somewhere. The 55 seater bus struggled to get through the narrow streets. When we finally arrived there was already a queue outside. We must have been waiting for hours and hours for a few chips. And no toilets or nothing. You can imagine.

When we finally got back to Na Piarsaigh the bar in the club was closed.

We havenā€™t had a Cork chairman since.

10 Likes

The Golden Fry in Ballinlough, narrow roads up there alright.
But the queue always moved quick

1 Like

For a 55 seater?

I must check it out after.

Youā€™d have to plot that route carefully

The Limerick lads not able for a real city at all FFS :rofl:

The roads are too windy, the queue for chips is too long, they eat pittas not burgersā€¦jesus wept

5 Likes

We designed a city so good new york copied us

1 Like

And bursting for a piss.

The burgers are actually very good in thereā€¦

Iā€™m practically a Carkie myself at this stage. Had my toastie from o keefes yesterday from the arbutus bread. Smashing stuff.

2 Likes

They got a silver medal from the take away awards. Any burger Iā€™ve gotten from there have not been good.

I got a cheese burger there last summer and it was greatā€¦ But itā€™s not a place for burgers

1 Like

New lad from Cork started work here today. How do I approach this?

2 questions. Where does he stand on ball walls and what did he get in his leaving cert?

2 Likes

Youā€™ve the contrarian bit down anywayā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s intermediate, Iā€™m a beginner. Where do I start?