Nothing says Cork like

Imagine a lad saying he ate in a lovely Limerick chipper, but couldnā€™t remember the name

1 Like

Was probably too caught up being a careful road user and all round top guy.

A great little village, lovely people. Had a couple of great pours there in the past. Thereā€™s a stone, monument for the want of a better word, there called St. Patrickā€™s Bed. Legend has it St. Patrick slept there on his way to the mountain.

1 Like

Itā€™s absolutely beautiful.
Youā€™d need a driver to be drinking there though.
Any grub to be had there?

The long way around from Leenaun to Westport , taking in Quiet Man country, is stunning. As scenic as anywhere in the world

2 Likes

Have you seen much of the world?

3 Likes

A lot more than most Iā€™d say

Best of luck to Richie with his new venture @ EP this weekend.

Cc @Spidey

1 Like

Only one - Donkey Fordā€™s

20 quid for a burger and chips with a dipā€¦some chancer

EP taking 22.5% he says.

1 Like

Ju think he knows what per cent means

Donegal up there aswell,bloody foreland etc

:joy:

The MKT Burger, chips and a can below in the Marina is 13.50 I think. Heā€™ll be doing well to beat that once he launches in Cork.

3 Likes

Ah like every little rural place family businesses are closing. I think itā€™s down to 1 pub now. There was Scotts and Keanes we used to frequent. There would be sangegises served up for soakage in the course of the day. There was a newish hotel nearby but my geography would be foggy as to the direction weā€™d take.

1 Like

Thing in the paper this morning said there have been over 100 planning applications this year to convert rural pubs to housing (this year I think). The rural pub is going the way of the video shop. One of the best of them Dowers in Ballymacaw between Dunmore and Tramore applied for permission to convert to housing recently.

2 Likes

I had to break out the map there after that snakey jabā€¦ It must be over 15 years since we did it but Iā€™m probably thinking of further back the way between maam cross and Leenaun(via Cong) when i made that bold statement.

Thereā€™s a famine walk that was stunning on the mayo side and Iā€™m certain the first game of hurling between the fir bolg and tuath de danann took place round this region but i couldnā€™t find highlights on YouTube

4 Likes

Goinā€™g to tell U a fact
Friends popular pub in Cork city
Electricity bill for last month - e5000
5 bloody thousand euros
How the fuck can anyone stay in business in this kip?
That doesnā€™t include his gas bill standing charge

He employs a lot of ppl but I gear heā€™s gonna call it a day in the future,
Good guy, generous,easy going,
This shite government is putting businesses into debt and closure,
Fuckin need to reign in the energy sector

I heard Clancyā€™s are struggling.

1 Like

Clancyā€™s has been on a downward for years. No feel to it at all. Same offering for the past 25 years.

1 Like