Nothing says Cork like

Lennox’s in Midleton is grand :+1:

Seriously, The Bramley lodge is on the way to fota just off the motorway and it’s really good, very little in Cobh

The Elm tree in Glounthane is nice

4 Likes

Kcs can fit about 5 people in the door, adds to the queue. I honestly don’t get it myself… Everything is wrecked in mayo and it’s just pittas.

6/10.

What BIAT said. There’s a good pizzeria in Midleton on the main street, perfect for a family. San Marco or something like that.

Where you staying, in fota itself?

You’d get about 20 people inside KCs

Not your thing, that’s grand, but saying it lives on it’s reputation as if that’s a bad thing is fairly dumb

The elm tree does a decent carvery not far from fota. Bramley lodge is good too

Only saw after i posted :see_no_evil:

Reilly’s fish and chips in castle martyr - they do pizza for kids also…
There’s a cafe down the road from fota in a garden centre, Ballyseedy Cafe.
Elm tree is alright.
Bromley lodge is nice.

Midleton will have everything you want. Pan (cafe/bistro) was nice the last time i was there…
Messy buns do a box of 6 take away

@Loko_Cove

1 Like

All that culinary Cark knowledge and have never been to Lennox’s!

@Spidey if you fancy heading to the city just go to the marina market. The world of choice for the family

1 Like

Thanks gents, down there for 3 days, weather meant to be shite so could be getting cabin fever.

I was at The Barn in Glanmire earlier. Very nice to be fair.

Not bad at all, good breakfast/brunch there

If it’s really bad and you’re looking for a spin, tip into the marina market. Only about twenty minutes away and has the world of food.

Are people still going there? Is it not very 2023?

It’s new and improved. Jackie Lennox is opening a stall in there

2 Likes

I worked on a site in cork city around 20 years ago and ended up going to the quinnryann with a few lads very early in the morning as we had been rained off.
I remember walking in the door at around 9am on a dirty wet morning and was amazed to see a big blazing fire and the pub packed with lads scooping away… twas like stepping out of reality and into the twilight zone or some kind of time warp… a pub from the 1950’s smack bang in the mid 00’s
the thing that stood out the most though was the smell of piss in the place… absolutely rank it was… I just got a blast of it again there after watching those videos…

9 Likes

Brook inn in Glanmire is nice too

1 Like

They only have Pepsi no coke, savage food was there last week.