November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

ok guys,i know the zeal of the convert trumps everything but i hate to say that some of the more established rugby fans don’t seem to have enjoyed the victory compared to us, anger rather than joy seems to be the predominant emotion

2 Likes

are the guiness summer series games tests?

i hate to say it that if they are world cup warm up games and tests it belittles the ideas of “tests”

Ahhh cam matty cam matty tá. Ahh cam matty cam matt tá. Tenner a weeky aca na whakka a wheety tea rá. Ha roopa, car roopa, ahhh roopa car roopa na whetty tea rá. Heeee.

1 Like

mate?

Go easy on the Druids lad

2 Likes

They’re all tests mate.

Some of the cheerleaders for scummy soccer here are really letting themselves down really badly trying to spin the line that the epic clash of the titans we witnessed yesterday between the two best international sides in the world was a ‘friendly’.

1 Like

pre tournament warm up games are tests? the scummy soccer crowd will have a field day with this one

how will we spin it?

Never heard that term before ‘pre tournament warm up’. You’ve lost me.

here you go mate, they are preparation games, pity they have test status, it strengthens the scummy soccer crowds argument

1 Like

That’s a badly written article with inaccuracies. He calls the Italy coach, Conor Shea. I think the fellow that wrote it is the tennis correspondent for the Paper of Record. He should stick to Centre Court. He’s no Edmund Van Esbeck.

Agreed cringe for him. These are huge tests games ,as big as yesterdays

Ah Jaysus, there’s lads texting into Newstalk here genuinely suggesting that this is our greatest ever sporting moment, Jesus wept.
Shane Coleman is putting them straight

The measurement should be the days off work index. If it was that big an occasion there’d be lads ringing in sick to work this morning.

It’s like the time Ireland beat Germany.

Not according to the CEO of World Rugby

" A major change to international rugby’s traditional test windows is on the horizon.

Midi Olimpique reported on Sunday that World Rugby is considering scrapping the usual summer and November tours and instead installing a world league based on UEFA’s Nations League.

It’s said that World Rugby vice-president Augustin Pichot pitched the idea in July to New Zealand’s Steve Tew along with French counterpart Bernard Laporte and South Africa’s Jurie Roux.

The competition would be held across five dates in November beginning in 2020.

It would be comprised of the world’s top 12 teams based on rankings and broken into four groups of three.

There would be three group games with the top teams in each group progressing to a semi-final and then a final.

The hosting of the tournament would alternate between the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere. Each group would also be hosted by a different country.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the concept will be discussed at a World Rugby meeting in Sydney on Wednesday.

World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper has hinted a the possibility of change.

“At the moment 56 per cent of the games in international rugby in the world are friendlies and that’s what we’re looking at and maybe swinging it back towards more meaningful, competitive games and that may be even with interaction between north and south,” he said.

“There’s a number of models out there but I think ultimately (a North vs South competition) would help add more meaning to a Six Nations or a (Rugby) Championship so it could only be good news for everyone.”

So the CEO of Rugby doesn’t think Test matches are meaningful?

He calls them friendlies. His words, not mine

If that was actually based on rankings it would be a good idea, give the likes of Fiji, Tonga or Georgia some competitive games against the big guns.

However, knowing rugby, they’ll ignore the rankings and look after the big boys. So, no matter how good Georgia get, they’ll still be behind Italy in the pecking order for this competition.

Good that they are at least acknowledging that these are meaningless, uncompetitive friendlies though. It’s a step in the right direction

Did the CEO of World Rugby just call them “friendlies” and non meaningful and non competitive?
just checking

That comment has driven you absolutely crazy :rofl: