November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

Nice age profile to the Irish pack. Nobody over 30 yesterday. All of the New Zealand piano lifters in the front five yesterday were over 30.

1 Like

I think the haka is a great sporting spectacle. That being said the one y’day was the most boring I can remember seeing. Went on an age - most of which was the Kiwis on their knee while some lad shouted at them

1 Like

Athenryon the other hand is a rousing ditty

Nice to see a balanced NZ view

2 Likes

Eddie O’Sullivan was on the radio up here this morning proclaiming that this time it’s different, Ireland are now serious world cup contenders. In Eddie’s view Ireland are now undoubtedly favourites for the 6 Nations, and though the competition is a “peculiar beast” in that 1 slip up could cost you a Grand Slam, Ireland should have that firmly in their sights. I had a look at the bookies odds and Ireland are 3rd favourites in the 6 team competition, and 8/1 for the GS. I couldn’t quite make out if Eddie is getting carried away a little or deliberately setting Andy Farrell up for a fall, it was a peculiar interview.

3 Likes

Ireland beat New Zealand two years out from the WC. Ireland lose the the run of themselves and think they’re great. NZ learn what they need to fix in plenty of time and trounce Ireland at the next WC. Rinse, and repeat.

4 Likes

The GAA will be utterly wiped out when we win the soccer Euros in 2024 and the next rugby World Cup

3 Likes

Would be gas if the Scottish tossed a caber or did a highland fling before they played.

Away to France and England. Eddie didn’t probably even check the fixtures! France should walk it

3 Likes

He dresses exactly like a rubby man should dress.

4 Likes

The interviewer asked if Ireland are now NZs bogey team having beaten them in 3 of the last 6 meetings. Eddie did point out that Ireland haven’t beaten them in NZ yet, but Japan never got mentioned. There was a lady interviewed alongside Eddie who seemed to have a Dublin Northside accent, considering it was BBC Ulster the entire thing was very odd.

1 Like

They’d hardly even know him either

The flaky Latin temperament will do for France once again, you feel.

1 Like

There’s some level of seethe amongst the rugby hating soccer types nearly two days on. You’d think they’d be calming down a bit at this stage.

Will never calm down it appears Dan. There is only room for one foreign game in this country for some. The same lads would part reinstate the ban if they had their way

Perhaps. Becoming less and less of a factor as time passes it appears

they can get round it by bringing in some lads from the Southern Hemisphere to play for them

The French are always grand once they dont have to travel.

That loophole is closed now thank god. 5 years residency now so won’t see many, if any, lowes or akis in the future.