November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

That was a cracking game

1 Like

There’s been a lot of false dawns with Irish rugny and World Cups but coach Farrell seems to have brought something different … a real sense the Irish players believe they belong at the top table… I think we’ll finally win a last 8 match and who knows after that … @ChairmanDan are Ireland the only old 5 nations team never to reach a semi final ?

1 Like

The very criticism of international rugby that it is 8 teams only is exactly the reason getting past a quarter isn’t a given.

I don’t think we would beat France in a quarter and we would be underdogs every day of the week against SA in a 1/4… The Argentina quarter final losses were poor but they will have been high points for Argentina

1 Like

What way does it work gil? Who’s in our group and who do we likely play if we come 1st/2nd?

Either France or nz in quarters

We have Scots and SA in pool so one established nation will be gone at end of pool stages

Did they get a trophy?

Do you think there’s something different about this bunch mentally ? If they’re bet they’re bet but I don’t think they’ll freeze like previous fancied teams

1 Like

Hard to even call New Zealand France. Both games are coin tosses. We could beat the boks and nz could beat France.

1 Like

Has me thinking do you just throw the boks game. Your talking a minimum two or three injuries.

Jaysus. Arguably the four best teams that side of the draw? Definitely 4 of top 5

1 Like

Who knows. Still too reliant on sexton but definitely bit more depth there otherwise… Like bringing on a winger for his debut into the hardest position on the pitch to defend… And he thrived. I’d prefer to be winning these games than losing them anyway

1 Like

Yeah it’s a tough one. But you may as well be beat in quarters as semis imo. If your good enough your good enough

I thinknthe quarter final thing is pure bull tbh but sure what harm. Its a great sound bite

Ah no the slagging/anti rugby factor means they HAVE to get past the quarters. It’s almost a cliche at this stage. It genuinely means more.

Sexton gets injured, Ireland forced to play a reserve out half who has gotten criminally little game time

It’s a great story that never grows old

2 Likes

How so?

Could @ChairmanDan post up list of trophies Ireland now hold?

The southern hemisphere teams use these games to try things out. We’ve a 9 and 10 with a combined age of nearly 80. Brilliant

1 Like

Because of the multiple times that they have been in they would only have been favs a few times… And do we have a right to beat argentina??