November Rugby Internationals (aka Kev - "Should BOD be dropped?")

Can’t say I ever heard too many lads criticise Dowl, suppose most the lads out my way would be Shannon men and wouldn’t criticise one of their own…

Ya sure thats half of it really. When a guy isn’t an out and out star and is roughly around the same standard as another guy people always just plump for their own.

Kev, are there many African or even black players on the Irish rogerby team?

good question - we are now a multicultural society- how does the rogbee team reflect this-

same questioned could be applied to gga- how many non spudmucker plays gga at county level?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]good question - we are now a multicultural society- how does the rogbee team reflect this-

same questioned could be applied to gga- how many non spudmucker plays gga at county level?[/quote]

Jayo, Sean Og, Aisake, Setanta, Luke Sweetman, Ted Furman, Max Thiemann, Aldo Matassa etc. The list is almost endless really. :thumbsup:

[quote=“Mac”]If Mick O’Driscoll is anywhere near the match 22 then Kidney should be shot.

Is that Ulster hooker even Irish qualified Dan? He’s played U21 from England.[/quote]

Fairly certain he is Mac yeah. Not sure U21 matters

aldo matassa?
max thieman?
ted furman?
luke sweetman?

who are these tards?

jayo & those other tards all have Spudmucker backgrounds

[quote=“north county corncrake”]aldo matassa?
max thieman?
ted furman?
luke sweetman?

who are these tards?

jayo & those other tards all have Spudmucker backgrounds[/quote]

Tipp Minor, Kerry Minor, Dublin Under-21s respectively. There is plenty more as well, the Mayo Minor goalie this year for example.

enough about kids:rolleyes: - im talking about adults
has there ever been a person of african stock play senior county gga or rugby for ireland?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quaks like a duck, then its a fookin duck. Mick O is a bumbling ball of shite.

from rte.ie

Discarded New Zealand wingers Joe Rokocoko and Hosea Gear have vowed to fight their way back into the black jersey after being dropped for the end-of-season tour to Japan and Europe.

The pair were overlooked for newcomers Zac Guildford and Ben Smith in the squad named on Sunday for Tests against Australia, Wales, Italy, England and France plus a match against the Barbarians.

Rokocoko, a 60-Test veteran, admitted he felt like he had been dodging bullets for most of the year after patchy form in his eight Tests.

‘But this bullet came straight on the head,’ he said after learning from coach Graham Henry that he had been omitted from the 33-man squad.

'I guess these days when you get a call from the coach it’s not that you have made the team it’s that you missed out.

‘Going home and seeing I had a missed call from Ted (Henry), I knew what the outcome was.’

Rokocoko has been axed once before in 2005 but said this time it hurt more.

‘You have that gut feeling when you aren’t safe. I have experienced it before. I wasn’t confident the whole time and it didn’t surprise me when the phone call came,’ he said.

‘It’s pretty hard to take in. When you are involved with the team for seven years - the longer you have been in the team the more it hurts.’

The 26-year-old said his immediate plans were to try to finish this season strongly with Auckland before freshening up for next year’s Super 14 with the Blues.

‘The black jersey is what’s making me stay in New Zealand and I’m striving for it. I’m going to set new goals again and re-start really,’ he said.

‘The Super 14 is the foundation to set yourself for the year. I want to concentrate on having a good pre-season training, get myself excited again and everything else will snowball from that.’

Gear, while disappointed to miss out, admitted his omission had not come as a shock.

‘I saw myself as not an automatic choice as some of the other guys did,’ he said. ‘I wasn’t taking it for granted and wasn’t expecting my name to be called out. All I could do was try and perform well.’

The 25-year-old insisted despite the setback he remained committed to New Zealand rugby.

‘The World Cup is my goal,’ he said. 'All going well that’s my target at the moment.

‘All I can do is play to my best every week, week in week out, and be really consistent.’

Gear will now turn his attentions to trying to help Wellington to their fourth successive Air New Zealand Cup final.

‘Having something to focus on straight away has probably helped me accept the fact I’ve not been selected,’ he admitted.

‘You’ve got to get over it one day. The more I think about it the more I get myself down and that’s going to get in the way of my performance and what I want to achieve for the Lions.’

From an Ulster perspective Kyriaco, O’Donoghue, Ferris, Humps, Wallace, Cave, Trimble and even Boss have had excellent starts to the season and would rightly feel disappointed without inclusion in a 22. Court needs to up his game in my view. 6 Nations are more realistic targets for Falloon, Whitten and Caldwell though again all are in good form.

you might have to settle for Ferris and Wallace Lar!

Expecting 8 Ulster players to get places in the 22 is a very long shot but I agree with the tenet of your point. There should be a much stronger Ulster representation in the national set up though perhaps 5 or so would be a fairer representation.

Most of the Leinster players are assured of their places given their heroics in annexing a Grand Slam for Ireland last season. However, we do need to remove some of the Munster dead wood from the squad such as Horan, O’Connell, Leamy, O’Gara etc and the Ulster players should benefit from that in theory.

[quote=“Bandage”]Expecting 8 Ulster players to get places in the 22 is a very long shot but I agree with the tenet of your point. There should be a much stronger Ulster representation in the national set up though perhaps 5 or so would be a fairer representation.

Most of the Leinster players are assured of their places given their heroics in annexing a Grand Slam for Ireland last season. However, we do need to remove some of the Munster dead wood from the squad such as Horan, O’Connell, Leamy, O’Gara etc and the Ulster players should benefit from that in theory.[/quote]

What theory. What players from Ulster will replace Horan/POC/Leamy/ROG etc. You think Humps will replace Sexton? Strange from a rabid Leinster fan! And an Ulster prop ahead of Healy…your really putting it out there mate

[quote=“north county corncrake”]aldo matassa?
max thieman?
ted furman?
luke sweetman?

who are these tards?

jayo & those other tards all have Spudmucker backgrounds[/quote]

Racist

[quote=“north county corncrake”]enough about kids:rolleyes: - im talking about adults
has there ever been a person of african stock play senior county gga or rugby for ireland?[/quote]

don’t think so but in fairness most of the black lads to play soccer for ireland were born in the larger of these islands.

Might but shouldn’t. Not saying all those should get in 22 but there is very little more someone like Humps or Cave could have done this season so far. Granted there is strong competition at both centre and outhalf but I’d like to see Kidney reward those in form at some stage. In the pack O’Donoghue is easily playing well enough to be third choice lock (at worst) while Kyriacou and Brady (who I didn’t include) are two hookers who have played very well at present imo.

Agree not much more they can do Larry, but its just not good enough maybe. Sexton has to be ahead of Humps. Id say O’Donoghue is on the radar but so is Bob Casey, Micko, Ryan, Toner all in the hunt, and with more time in the international set up.

Kyriaco is good alright although think he had a horror show with the darts at the weekend?

Think Kidney was up in Ravenhill recently enough so hes keeping an eye on them at least

[quote=“dancarter”]Agree not much more they can do Larry, but its just not good enough maybe. Sexton has to be ahead of Humps. Id say O’Donoghue is on the radar but so is Bob Casey, Micko, Ryan, Toner all in the hunt, and with more time in the international set up.

Kyriaco is good alright although think he had a horror show with the darts at the weekend?

Think Kidney was up in Ravenhill recently enough so hes keeping an eye on them at least[/quote]

O’Donoghue is easily best out of those you have mentioned imo and playing better than all of them at present imo.
Kyriaco had poor twenty minutes on Saturday all right but in all other games he has been excellent. Again ahead of his competitors. Think after a Lions tour and long season last year this is ideal time to bring in some new blood and those two along with Cave and possibly Humps really should be looked at.