Npower Championship 2012/13

Npower Championship definitely looks like the powerhouse of English football this year, the biggest clubs, the best managers and the most illustrious players.

Steve Kean’s Blackburn lead Hull 1-0. :clap:

Simon Cox is already well on his way to establishing himself as a Reds legend, gave the assist to Guedioura in our 1-0 demolition of Bristol on Saturady and scored a beaut last night at Huddersfield where the jammy hosts drew level with an injury time peno.
Simon Cox, Legend
https://encrypted-tb…ZfJ9v0O3ldimp6w

Simon Cox took heart from The Reds’ 1-1 draw at Huddersfield last night and told Forest Player that his teammates deserve ‘massive plaudits’ for the way they played.

Forest were cruelly denied all three points by an injury time Jordan Rhodes penalty after Cox had put the visitors 1-0 up.
The striker said: “The lads deserve massive plaudits for some of the football we played. Especially when you consider that the team we had out haven’t been playing together for long.
“We dominated the game from minute one to minute 92. I think tired legs cost us at the end.”

Forest went in to the game all guns blazing after opting to play with two up front, Dexter Blackstock partnering Cox in his assault on The Terriers’ back line.
And the Irishman believes he and Blackstock can become a devastating strike force.

He said: “Most partnerships take a little bit of time and, as long as you’re both willing to put a shift in there’s no reason it shouldn’t work.

"We’re both clinical in front of goal and we’re both comfortable with the ball at our feet. It should be a good partnership.”

Cox’s 68th minute strike was no more than The Reds deserved after an excellent attacking display.

He said: “It was a great ball from Lewis. I knew that I had no-one on my left shoulder so I knew I could take it there.
"It was just about composure in the end and thankfully I’m off and running now. “

:clap:

:clap:
All them boggers don’t know what their missing mate

watched forest v bolton this morning having my weetabix. very good game. 2-2

Andy Reid with a fine goal. Not so sure about the Che Guevara tattoo on his forearm though. Reid was much more comfortable coming infield from his position on the left. That was how his goal came about. A run from deep that wasnt tracked and Cox played him in. Cox played pretty well, plenty of movement and effort. Lacks a bit of class up top though. Reid was Forest’s best player. Very comfortable on the ball and always available for a pass. Has definitely lost weight.

Was an end to end type of game but Bolton had the greater quality. Lee is easily EPL type quality and wouldnt mind Villa snapping him up. Eagles gave Moloney a bit of chasing on the left. Forest were more hardworking but have some truly dire players in their side. Harding, Halford, Moloney in the back four alone. Not to mention Dexter Blackstock up front. Andrews had a decent game for Bolton in the middle but can very conservative on the ball sometimes. He isnt going to change at this stage of his career but cant help feeling he could be far better with some self belief. Davies as expected will be very influential at this level. A blatant push on Danny Collins was key in the first goal.

Bolton if they put the graft in should be very strong in this division. Forest played some good stuff but have too many poor players to be promotion contenders.

Did you really watch the game kib? I find it increrdulous that anyone who watched and would bother their while commenting upon this game would fail to at least mention the utterly stupendous strike by Lewis. As good as it gets mate. Makes the rest of your comment somewhat redundant to be honest.
Bolton were gifted the draw, a clear push for their first goal and an error on ours that let them in for their 2nd, well taken as it was.

Decent draw away from home against the championship favourites with a team and management setup still in the getting to know each other stages. Reid is a class apart at this level now he’s proper fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcBJgtDRWw4

Didn’t see that goal. Wow. The commentator was on about it alright but didn’t see a replay. Goal aside McGuigan didn’t seem much in the game. Gas to see Jonathan Greening come on, haven’t heard anything about him in a couple of years. Didn’t realise he was with Forest

Good point at Bolton for sure but think ye are desperately lacking quality in a few positions. O’Driscoll was on the coaching staff last season so there shouldn’t be too much of an issue settling in. If Reid is still a class apart in March or April, Forest might sneak into the playoff picture.

Steve Kean’s Blackburn overcame Leicester City 2-1 today with Nuno Gomes and Gamst-Pedersen on the scoresheet.

Blackpool hammered Ipswich 6-0. Tom Ince has started the season very brightly, it seems.

Kevin Doyle was on target for Wolves in a home draw with Derby.

Leeds won 2-1 at Peterborough after a double from Luciano Becchio.

Jordan Rhodes scored in Huddersfield’s victory over Burnley.

It has been some start to the season for Steve Kean’s Blackburn. He deserves great credit for the loyalty he has shown Blackburn, he could easily have gone the way of Owen Coyle and Paul Lambert who left their clus for the next available offer after they believed they brought their club as far as they could - but Steve Kean does not think of his reputation - he remained loyal to those who gave him his break and both Keano and Blackburn are reaping the rewards. Steve Kean’s burgeoning reputation continues to prosper with the utmost integrity while Lambert’s and Coyle’s continues to sink without dignity.

Steve Kean’s Blackburn lead 1-0 at Elland Road.

2-0 up. :clap:

Chants of Keano, Keano ringing around Elland Road :clap: :clap: :clap:

SKBR :clap:

Oh dear!!!

3-2 down now.

3-3, get in.

Excellent character and fighting spirit from SKBR. The players never panicked when the game was going against them and that’s a credit to the manager.

Highlights of Forests barnstorming 2-1 victory over Charlton on Saturday

[font=Verdana][size=3]’‘And Mcgugan gives it to Reid, and suddenly Reid has Cox inside him’’ :)[/size][/font]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt80we_forest-charlton-highkights_sport