Npower Championship 2012/13

Gets underway tonight when Malkay Mackays Cardiff City play host to newly promoted Huddersfield Town who are managed by Simon Grayson. The Terriers won promotion on the back of an 8-7 penalty shoot out win over Sheffield Utd in the league 1 play off final and they are joined by Sheffield Wednesady and L1 champions Charlton Athletic.

No surprise that the 3 teams relegated from the Premiership are amongst the favourites but Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves will have it all to do in this ultra competitive league.

It’s all change at the City Ground with new Kuwaiti owners, a new manager in ex Republic player Sean O Driscoll and a completely new defence. While O Driscoll is hardly the ‘iconic’ big name the new owners had promised he might prove the right man for the job at hand, he knows the club and did good things with Dochanster when he was at the helm there. Forest will be without Chris Gunther, Luke Chambers Paul Anderson and Greg Cunningham but have went on a late spening spree and have acquired the services of Danny Collins, Greg Halford,Dan Harding,Simon Gillet and our very own Simon Cox. A season of being mid table dross looks well within our capablities this time around

[font=Arial][size=2]

Selection Odds Bolton 11/2 Leicester 8/1 Wolves 8/1 Cardiff 11/1 Blackburn 12/1 Leeds 12/1 Nottm Forest 12/1 Blackpool 16/1 Brighton 16/1 Birmingham 18/1 Middlesbrough 18/1 Hull 25/1 Sheff Wed 28/1 Watford 28/1 Charlton 33/1 Ipswich 33/1 Burnley 40/1 Derby 40/1 Huddersfield 40/1 Millwall 66/1 Bristol City 80/1 C.Palace 80/1 Peterborough 150/1 Barnsley 200/1 [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]

[size=1]

[/size]
[/size][/font]

I’m hoping for promotions for Steve Kean’s Blackburn Rovers, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday.

Really looking forward to seeing Nuno Gomes this season.

I also fancy Watford to do very well this season.

:clap: :clap:

Danny Murphy is a really shrewd signing by Steve Kean. A great player and a very positive dressing room influence. Steve Kean’s Blackburn to go up as champions.

All Rhodes will lead to goal at Ninian Park tonight. UTT

Rhodes not playing for Huddersfield tonight, disappointed as I wanted to get a good look at his all round game. I hope Huddersfield win tonight as they are playing Craig Cunt Bellamy’s team.

Nil all first half, Huddersfield having the better of it.

Mark Hudson wins it in injury time for Cardiff. Finished 1-0

Forest bought Dan Harding? Whoever sanctioned that should be shown the door. He’s worse than useless.

Npower Mac at it again :rolleyes:

Off to see my beloved ipswich play my beloved blackburn on what is an absolute scorcher in east anglia.

Sheffield Wednesday seem a good bet for promotion. Norwich and Southampton have achieved back to back promotions the last 2 seasons. Good manager, experienced chairman. The owls to go up

Awful game last night. A series of long diagonals hoping to create opportunities for mistakes. Huddersfield looked marginally better, even without Rhodes.

If he hadn’t played for the jocks during the week and he’d been on the pitch last night, we’d have won. Fucking disgusted with that result.

Keano, Keano, Keano.

1-0, Kazim Richards.

:clap: Going up :clap:

Bollocks.

The Owls have drawn level in the last minute.

Great result.