NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

1 Like

You can still get bottled or stabbed if you know the right places to go.

3 Likes

I working here at home and can here fighter jets from the RAF implementing the travel ban, patrolling all the main roads

1 Like

The RAF are hardly in Clare.

I hope @flattythehurdler has the Christmas “claret” bought already.

1 Like

Is the ignore button broken?

8 Likes

I’m just back from waitrose’s. It’s a free for all

When you display even the slightest evidence of intelligence.

5 Likes

Lads buying unripe avocados?

1 Like

Lovely :grinning:

There has only been one significant mutation to SARS-2 and it happened back in January. It was a slight change to the spike protein which made it more efficient at entering cells and infecting people. It became the dominant strain by the summer. This second wave is all driven by this dominant strain. There are minor mutations all the time, probably multiple thousands at this stage but they have no real impact on the functionality of the virus.

Coronaviruses are not like flu viruses though, they have an enzyme that does error correction, so don’t mutate that much. There is no reason to believe the vaccines developed to build immunity to the spike protein will not work, they do work and the worst that could happen is they need tweaking over time. I think we have to accept now that Covid is going to be with humanity for the long haul, and vaccination is the only way forward.

3 Likes

Oh fuck it’s Sid.

You know it’s true.

@Tassotti I’m doing my Christmas shopping here in Dublin. It’s the calm before the storm. I feel incredibly bad for your situation. It’s all I can think about. I once went with a mate for curry for Christmas Dinner, I know what you’re going through. I’m weighing up your options:

1. Get your ass to Belfast.
  2. Just enjoy the craziness of it all.
  3. Get a curry.

That’s all I have right now, I’ll keep you posted if I come up with anything else.

2 Likes

We will have a TFK zoom call at 3pm on Christmas Day as an alternative to the queen’s speech.

1 Like

What’s his situation?

He can’t come home for Christmas.

Boris after getting a haymaker there from the journalists

1 Like