Obese Ireland

Nice to see Leigh Griffiths speak candidly about his Irn Bru addiction in the last few days.

We are the 4th highest consumers of sugar in the world…jaysus.

Behind Bolivia, Nepal and Tibet?

And we not even growing the fucking thing anymore.

Link?

Da radio…

We are still well on course to be the fattest cunts in Europe… We really need to get this forum out to the mainstream.

Is Operation Transformation not saving the nation?

Amazingly, no…

#whodathunkit

I’ve no grá for operation transformation but its effect is excellent on the general populace in raising awareness and kickstarting people, especially woman to change their habits. Check out the amount of walks/runs they organise. The shops put special tabs under OT approved foods and recipes. Bar Kev becoming dictator there is no one person who could save Irelands fatness but every step in the right direction is to be lauded. Just avert your eyes to the bulges in luminous lycra that now offend our streets.

I do understand that, however despite the cheerleading it would appear to have little or no tangible effect yet on obesity in Ireland.

My main issue I think is that I find the fat shaming of the show not sitting well with me. I’m all for trying to get overweight people to live healthier lives, but I don’t see the point of making them weight in with their guts sticking out etc on live TV. Its unseemly.

Never seen it so can’t really comment on the grotesqueness of the telly nakedness. I’ve heard them on the radio though and seen the amount of people doing the walks/runs. They seem to really emphasise habit changing (more exercise/better consumption) over crash dieting.

Ah its just your usual reality tv experience, it just seems cuntish to me. But I do agree with your point otherwise.

The rantings of @ChocolateMice on the wedding thread reminded me of my brief visit to Obama plaza yesterday.

Christ… we have a serious issue in this country with our consumption of shite food.

Firstly you have to work hard to actually find healthy food in this country however even when its freely available the majority of people simply go for the shite option. The queue for supermacs itself was out the door and the average wait time was 15 mins. The queue for salads and sandwichs for 2 deep with a wait time of less than 5 mins…

Anyway, a quick glance around the place showed a large amount of elderly people who are obese, couples with kids who were obese and quite a few teens who were shovelling low quality carbs into themselves.

Rant over… but our hospitals are going to over ran with the fallout from all of this.

1 Like

That place must be the most profitable petrol station in the WORLD

2 Likes

I dunno pal, Junction 14 made a ridiculous profit in its first few years of opening. I think the figure was 3 times the projected amount in its first year alone, and growth year on year from there. Fitzpatrick was laughing his hole off at the boys who refused him an official rest stop license for the spot.

1 Like

It’s frightening mate. The majority of our population are not educated in anyway on diet and nutrition and lack any form of self control… We went from meat and veg to fast food nation over night and a generation lost basic cooking/kitchen skills that were passed on for generations… Food prices, ignorance and laziness is what it boils down to… You have to feel sorry for the next generation - the way they are being exploited by drink and food marketing - they are gonna be fucked. If we think our health care is in trouble now, try and hang on and live another 20-30 years and you will see all manner of fun and games.

1 Like

Two Rogbee teens queuing for smoothies here… one goy playing ‘centre’ for his school… no idea of crest.

The could do with shedding 5 stone between the two of them. Neck like a charolais on one of them.

1 Like

Where did you end up pal?